can't uninstall/install BF2

skinlab

Gawd
hey guys,

i need to uninstall and reinstall BF2 since the 1.3 patch wont work, however it wont seem to want to uninstall

same thing happens when i try uninstalling SF, it just tells me to select language, after that the uninstaller exits.

any clues as to how to fix this since i need to do a new BF2 installation to get the 1.3 patch to work

cheers

Have you tried just deleting all BF2 folders on your computer and then cleaning the registry of any mention of it as well?

That should at least allow you to get to the point of being able to install again.

id be afraid to screw shit up
what if the installed doesnt work after that? and id hate to format at this point, too much shit to backup...

skinlab said:
id be afraid to screw shit up
what if the installed doesnt work after that? and id hate to format at this point, too much shit to backup...

Isn't your BF2 already screwed up? If you like, backup your profile from your My Docs\BF2 directory. (usually 0001) Delete your BF2 directory from your My Docs folder. Delete the BF2 folder from Program Files\EA Games. Delete the registry keys from Local_machine and local_user (under the EA key). That should clean it up enough for a "fresh-ish" install.

Back