Can't set firefox as default browser

Morlock

Limp Gawd
Chrome sync has lost my important bookmarks for the last fucking time, so now i'm keeping them in Firefox (Opera blew their fucking chance by crashing every time I tried to drag a url from address field to bookmark tab and ignored the stupid "save" popup, which their stupid website says I should be able to do without trouble).

Now piece of shit Windows 10 won't let me set FF as default browser, so I can't double-click my recovered links opened in notepad++ and have them open in the right browser. I installed a fresh copy of FF about ten seconds ago, but I still can't get it to show up in the default apps list, and "make default" in FF doesn't do shit.

Everything result in web search is outdated bullshit that says stuff like "make Internet Explorer the default, then turn off the option on "programs" tab that says "check to make sure IE is the default" then bla bla bla." GUESS WHAT THAT OPTION NO LONGER APPEARS UNDER THE PROGRAMS TAB.

This is on top of about ten other fucking things that managed to fuck themselves up in Windows 10 like 5 seconds after I woke up today.

F...F...S!!!

NERDS NEED TO STOP ALL THE INNOVATING AND START WORKING ON FUCKING RELIABILITY AND INTERFUCKINGOPERABILITY.

Chrome sync has lost my important bookmarks for the last fucking time, so now i'm keeping them in Firefox (Opera blew their fucking chance by crashing every time I tried to drag a url from address field to bookmark tab and ignored the stupid "save" popup, which their stupid website says I should be able to do without trouble).

Now piece of shit Windows 10 won't let me set FF as default browser, so I can't double-click my recovered links opened in notepad++ and have them open in the right browser. I installed a fresh copy of FF about ten seconds ago, but I still can't get it to show up in the default apps list, and "make default" in FF doesn't do shit.

Everything result in web search is outdated bullshit that says stuff like "make Internet Explorer the default, then turn off the option on "programs" tab that says "check to make sure IE is the default" then bla bla bla." GUESS WHAT THAT OPTION NO LONGER APPEARS UNDER THE PROGRAMS TAB.

This is on top of about ten other fucking things that managed to fuck themselves up in Windows 10 like 5 seconds after I woke up today.

F...F...S!!!

NERDS NEED TO STOP ALL THE INNOVATING AND START WORKING ON FUCKING RELIABILITY AND INTERFUCKINGOPERABILITY.

There are alternatives to Windows you know. Blame yourself for the problems.

Back