can't seem to link youtube videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
is this on purpose?

the forum seems to wrap any link in media tags and abbreviate it, at least for me, is it PEBKAC?

is this on purpose?
Exactly.

BB code media sites are a means by which links to content hosted on external sites, such as YouTube or Instagram can be converted into embedded media in users' messages automatically.
XenForo comes with a collection of predefined BB code media sites for popular sources including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Spotify.
Links posted in user messages will automatically be processed and turned into embedded media.

so I guess the question becomes, are those embedded media rendering for other folks, or is some script handling in my local environment preventing me from seeing them?

Can you please try to embed on this thread?

Works fine for me...

I see nothing, it must be local, that's what I needed to know

I have both [H] and youtube whitelisted...so not sure what's going on though

Any errors on your browser Dev console tab?

Code:
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. cant-seem-to-link-youtube-videos.2001522
Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content. preamble.min.js:4:73
The resource at “<URL>” was blocked because content blocking is enabled. 3
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute

"content blocking enabled" is the obvious culprit...but I have gone through all my firefox add ons and pushed all the buttons that were immediately obvious...

thanks for your patience with this

never mind, PEBKAC, failed to disable content blocking in the browser itself...rolleyes...I was all fixated on the add ons

thank your for your prompts to help me think through this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back