Can't see anything on monitor during POST

Zuul

Gawd
Hi!

Yeah, this is a bit weird. I have P8Z77-V Premium, dual asus radeon 7970 DC2T, 2 samsung monitors.
Thing is that I can't see the POST or BIOS settings even though I know I have entered BIOS setup.
The lights on the monitors keep flashing with no picture until Windows gets loaded and then everything feels abd looks fine.
I have been able to see the post before. The only thing I cab think of is that when I disconnected the monitors andI installed a corsair h110 something happened, but I can't understand what...I didn't touch anything but the HSF.I've tried to disconnect/connect to different ports on the first GPU but same thing happens, and sometimes after doing so one of the monitors won't even show picture under windows.

/Zuul

How are the monitors connected to the video card?

Have you tried resetting CMOS or replacing the battery (CR2032)?

Monitors are connected with a DP->HDMI cable.

I have not reset CMOS. I will do it ASAP. About the battery,I've had the board a couple of weeks (bought it brand new) so I would assume it's still good.

Yeah...boy do I feel like a fucking moron. While I was looking for the CLRCMOS button on the mainboard I noticed that my monitors were connected to the second GPU.

thx tiraides for making me look :-P

Yeah...boy do I feel like a fucking moron. While I was looking for the CLRCMOS button on the mainboard I noticed that my monitors were connected to the second GPU.

thx tiraides for making me look :-P

Oftentimes the simple ways are the best ways... :p

Back