Cant Preload HL2?

CSx-2011

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a popup on steam saying I could preload HL2... when the dialog box opens, it is empty, all I can choose is file/quit etc...

Any ideas?

free space?

I think if the servers are too busy, you get a message saying servers are too busy

I think the program was just a little farked... I un/reinstalled steam... now it "works"... it did say the servers are busy, try again in a few hours...

HL2... so soon.

What's the mad rush to get the preload? They havent even announced a release date. Patience my friend, patience.

QHalo said:
What's the mad rush to get the preload? They havent even announced a release date. Patience my friend, patience.

Less waiting for empty preload servers later! duh! :rolleyes:

can someone summarize this thread for me, i got impatient reading it :rolleyes:

its always a pain when stuff comes out for cs cause there are so many people out there trying to get it. i was just reading jbdubbs, expect delays. its all good.

Wait 2 days and I bet nobody will be getting that error message.

I got to 12% and it stopped... steam is too busy... I will just play cs source until i can dl hl2 (at decent speeds)

Even still, is getting it TODAY going to make a difference TOMORROW? Nope, you're ass is still not going to be able to play it.

Oh but I guess you'll get bragging rights that you have files you can't even use on your PC before everyone else! woohoo!

:rolleyes:

<3

CSx-2011 said:
or we dont have to wait to dl or install HL2 when it does release... :rolleyes:

Exactly... he'll be waiting that extra day or two and we'll be laughing at him then while he mocks us now! :p

QHalo said:
Oh but I guess you'll get bragging rights that you have files you can't even use on your PC before everyone else! woohoo!

YA DAMN STRAIGHT ITS ALL ABOUT THE BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!! Theres not to many topics that are [H] related that arnt about bragging rights :eek:

Tazman2 said:
Exactly... he'll be waiting that extra day or two and we'll be laughing at him then while he mocks us now! :p

The game hasn't even gone gold yet. There's going to be a lot of time inbeetween the start of the preload and the actual game release. I guarantee you that after next week the servers for downloading it will be pretty much empty. This week is the time for the people who are insanely eager to download it and be "ready" for the release. When it's actually released (2 months or so) the people who really don't give a fuck about preloading will download it. There's going to be huge gap in time inbeetween the people who are really eager and the people who couldn't care less. Download it then...

Oh noz, I'll be a day behind...big fucking deal. You assume that I have a PC that can play this game right now or that I care to be playing it the first day. Do I even need to bring up that cliche 'assume' saying?

QHalo said:
Oh noz, I'll be a day behind...big fucking deal. You assume that I have a PC that can play this game right now or that I care to be playing it the first day. Do I even need to bring up that cliche 'assume' saying?

If you dont care than why bother posting/flaming on this thread? If it isnt a a "big fucking deal" then maybe you should run along and play in a sandbox or something :confused:

First of all I don't like the idea of having a game and not being able to play it. Second of all (i don't know how secure steam is) but wouldn't someone have cracked it already and made a way for someone to play the game that they already have on their computer?

preloaded today no problems, no waiting....

I don't know where all this "bragging" stuff came from... I just wanted to see if anyone else was having trouble with the gui...

DemonDiablo said:
If you dont care than why bother posting/flaming on this thread? If it isnt a a "big fucking deal" then maybe you should run along and play in a sandbox or something :confused:
This was hardly flaming. Thanks for showing your maturity level as well. Play in a sandbox? rgr that. I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to have an opinion on this board. Go figure.

LOL! No I dont play TFC anymore. More importantly what was your TFC alias? :confused:

I havent played TFC in like 6-7 months.

if I remember being told correctly, the pre-load is just textures and sounds and stuff like that, it doesn't actually have the executable files in it, so cracking it would be pointless.

My only question that I haven't found yet it...what will be the point of buying it online? Say I have to reformat my computer......can I redownload it?? Or can I put it on a cd and then put it back on my computer? How does steam keep up with that stuff? cause I've searched their websites and can't find a thing about it.

Monkeychow said:
Say I have to reformat my computer......can I redownload it??

yes. when you log on, Steam knows what games you "own". click the game you want to play, it will automatically dl and install the files.

Monkeychow said:
Say I have to reformat my computer......can I redownload it?? Or can I put it on a cd and then put it back on my computer? How does steam keep up with that stuff? cause I've searched their websites and can't find a thing about it.

Once you register the game with your steam account you can install it on any computer that you are logged into, as many times as you want.

QHalo said:
LOL! No I dont play TFC anymore. More importantly what was your TFC alias? :confused:

I havent played TFC in like 6-7 months.

[RoC]Griffin.. I just remember seeing your name is a few places when I was really into the game around a year ago.

You were in 404 right?

Back