Can't PM members on [H]ardForum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracer11LB

Weaksauce
Like the title says. I don't know, I might be missing it, but for some reason I am not able to PM anyone here at [H]. I was able to do it before multiple times but now I can't seem to find the start a conversation button.
So I would click on the user's name, and I don't see a conversation button. I click on my name and I also don't see a conversation button. I tried looking into my account and see if I can find it there but all I see in the conversation link are my old conversation with other users but can't seem to start a new one.

I am missing something??

Ya i had the same issue I think they updated the rules that you need 100 posts. But even after hitting 100 i still cant PM people or post in certain areas even though i been a member for 6 years.

I think there was an old-timer on here that complained to somebody about people with a low number of posts PMing him recently, and they made this change upon his request. Don't remember who or where, but I remember reading that thread earlier today. I'm not sure what the threshold is now. I think it used to be 100, but now it might be higher. I think I'm still able to start conversations, so it's probably less than 300.

Did you activate your account through the email verification?

Great, so I was in talks to buy something from Wizzard and now he can't see my responses until I post more....?

well, i just joined and i was having a few conversation with multiple other members and it was not a problem. So unless, they just changed that in the last couple of days then that would suck.

I think the 100 post is so you can post to the for sale threads.

I think there was an old-timer on here that complained to somebody about people with a low number of posts PMing him recently, and they made this change upon his request. Don't remember who or where, but I remember reading that thread earlier today. I'm not sure what the threshold is now. I think it used to be 100, but now it might be higher. I think I'm still able to start conversations, so it's probably less than 300.

Yeah, I just saw that one. :)

But even after hitting 100 i still cant PM people or post in certain areas even though i been a member for 6 years.
It can take up to an hour for the promotion to happen
(there is an hourly process that checks for promotions for users that have visited the site recently).

As I can see on your account you should be able to start a new conversation.

That just further limits sales, it's pretty lame.
Man... I've been registered here a long time but just started posting now since I saw something in the FS section I want to buy. I'm not about to start spamming the forum to get to 100 posts... Oh well.

Man... I've been registered here a long time but just started posting now since I saw something in the FS section I want to buy. I'm not about to start spamming the forum to get to 100 posts... Oh well.
It is what it is. I wonder what led to the rule change.

This does suck because I like the for sale trade forum and have been doing a lot of business in there via conversations :(

This does suck because I like the for sale trade forum and have been doing a lot of business in there via conversations :(

Yeah, me too. That is what got me to sign-up here. Then just recently, I could not do conversation anymore, so I could not buy anything there until I hit 100 post.

I think it was a rule with the old forum software but they forgot to implement it with the new, until recently.

It wasn't a rule in the old forum software. I was able to start conversations just fine with the old software, even had conversations with staff members and it never came up as an issue.

Maybe they will change it. Or at least revisit. I think most people have been happy I started a convo because I sent them money in the end :)

Actually maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they made the post count lower like 25-50 for PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back