Can't log to Mac after updating

dennie

Weaksauce
Hey guys,
I'm having problem with my MB, I just did the updates and stuff. I believe there were 4 updates for Mac today. And my last update, there's something wrong with it. It went to the trash can after it finished downloading. And then after I restart my MB, I couldn't log into the system. The last update I believe it got something to do with the system. I'm worried now. What can I do to fix this ? Will I lost my data ?

Hey guys,
I'm having problem with my MB, I just did the updates and stuff. I believe there were 4 updates for Mac today. And my last update, there's something wrong with it. It went to the trash can after it finished downloading. And then after I restart my MB, I couldn't log into the system. The last update I believe it got something to do with the system. I'm worried now. What can I do to fix this ? Will I lost my data ?

Be more specific. What do you mean you can't log in?

It stop at the apple logo, where the pinwheel is. Not at the login page, where you type in your ID and password.

It stop at the apple logo, where the pinwheel is. Not at the login page, where you type in your ID and password.

Then the problem that you can't log in because there's something wrong with the OS. Something got screwed up somewhere and you'll have to resolve it. You'll probably need to boot from a CD/DVD or extenral drive & run a utility or two. Unless you have something to boot to and/or a utilty such as DiskWarrior, Drive Genius, or Tech Tool Pro, you may be looking at an Archive Install.

Back