Cant Install Soundcard

xTABx7

Gawd
I am currently running a 3500+ on an msi neo 2 plat and i cannot install my audigy soundcard. The driverrs cannot detect the hardware. The onboard sounds works fine along with the rest of the system. Is there a jumper located somewhere?

disable the onboard sound from the BIOS ... then install the soundcard ... is it not detected or just the drivers not installing?

when i use the creative cd it aborts the install because it "cannot detect audigy card"

Do you know for a fact that the card works? Has it worked in another system? Is it properly seated in the current system? Have you forced an ESCD update in the BIOS?

Try all that out first if you can.

primea said:
disable the onboard sound from the BIOS ... then install the soundcard ... is it not detected or just the drivers not installing?
Oh yeah...make sure onboard sound is disabled too. If it's not then your BIOS may be denying the Audigy an IRQ hence...you won't get anything.

Not sure if this is still relevant ... but in the old days ... you have to reserve IRQ5 in BIOS for the SB card ...

i've installed a couple of audigy's for friends and neither of them used irq 5 (iirc, one of them used irq 10 and i don't remember what the other used but i'm quite sure it wasn't irq 5).

though i ended up disabling the onboard sound card after i had installed the audigy's back in my pc tech days i did have to disable the onboard sound to get a few sb live's to install/work.

Back