Can't install KB4528760 Error: 0x800f0831

smodtactical

Limp Gawd
I cannot install this either via automatic update or manually. In automatic mode I get error: 0x800f0831 and in manual mode it simply says that it was not installed. Any ideas how to fix this? scannow /nfc shows nothing. Chkdsk also didn't find bad sectors. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth does give me the error 0x800f081f source file scould not be found. I tried doing all the fixes for this second error by downloading and mounting a win 10 image but none of them worked.

Not sure if relevant but my system time is also screwed up every time I restart requiring me to re-sync the time.

OS Build 18362.535.

Last edited:
The first thing I would do is replace the CMOS battery to see if that cures the time issue. I believe that could resolve the update issue, as well. Hope this helps.

Is the Windows time service enabled? (W32Time)

In an admin prompt:
Code:
net stop w32time
w32tm /unregister
w32tm /register
net start w32time
w32tm /resync

Restart PC. Fixed?

The error 0x800f081f, commonly means that the update requires the . Net Framework 3.5 to be installed. So, proceed and install Net Framework 3.5, in order to solve the KB4054517 installation error 0x800f081f.

If I remember correctly there is some sort of folder where windows updates are stored. It's a cached folder. Delete that folder and try Windows Update again. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

If I remember correctly there is some sort of folder where windows updates are stored. It's a cached folder. Delete that folder and try Windows Update again. Sorry that I can't be more specific.
\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

Back