Can't install iOS 8.1 on iPad mini

Steve_010

Fully [H]
I copied this word for word from the apple forum because it's the same problem that I have...still no solution, though:

My ipad mini says iOS 8.1 is downloaded I go to install and it asks me to agree to terms and conditions, I click agree then it brings up second box for me to click agree. Then it brings me back to the terms and conditions and it just sits there. Won't do anything when I click agree or disagree again. Any idea how to fix this?

It's doing you a favor. Trust me you don't want iOS 8.1 on an iPad 2 or Mini. Probably what saved you from the forced update is low storage space.

Try connecting to iTunes and upgrading from there.

iOS 8.1.1 beta is out to fix the lag and Safari crashes on older devices so if you made the mistake of upgrading to 8.1 the wait, hopefully, isn't long for a fix.

Try connecting to iTunes and upgrading from there.

This. Sounds like the issue is something related with the OS. You could try erasing all content and settings, update, then restore from backup again. Overall if you really want to update then just go to iTunes on the computer.

Just installed 8.1.1 beta and so far it seems to fix the Safari looping "a problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" error message then finally giving up with "a problem repeatedly occurred" on some sites. Now maybe I don't have to hear guests complain about Safari being broken when I force them to use the iPad so they don't break my good devices.

Thanks for the ideas. I couldn't get anything to work. Made an appointment with a "genius" to get it sorted out.

If you really want to downgrade to 8.1 and want to save time and gas:

1) Download the full IPSW firmware file for your device model via Google search.
2) Backup your device with iTunes.
3) Do a firmware restore with iTunes and point to the downloaded IPSW file.
4) Restore backup from iTunes.
5) Curse at how laggy and buggy 8.1 is.

Back