Can't get Windows 10 to install in UEFI mode on Braswell motherboard

Wag

[H]ard|Gawd
I purchased a Asrock 3700n-ITX Braswell motherboard for a HTPC setup and I'm trying to install Windows 10 on it. Every time I do it ends up being ACPI with no UEFI features (Firmware listed in the Device Mgr). Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

First time I installed off a Win 10 UEFI created Flash Drive. 2nd time I created my own UEFI NTFS boot drive burned with the Win 10 ISO image. My install hard drive is in the GPT format. It should have worked.

Any ideas?

Vote for using Rufus. It is way faster then the Microsoft USB tool, if that at all matters. Easy to use. It's good about formatting the USB thumbdrive FAT32 for UEFI installs. (I think it can do NTFS for UEFI installs but most mobos don't support it I believe)

Vote for using Rufus. It is way faster then the Microsoft USB tool, if that at all matters. Easy to use. It's good about formatting the USB thumbdrive FAT32 for UEFI installs. (I think it can do NTFS for UEFI installs but most mobos don't support it I believe)

I used Rufus the 2nd time to create a NTFS UEFI bootable flash off the Win10 iso. It booted, so I'm not sure why it didn't work.

Try recreating it and use FAT32 instead and see if that makes any difference.

Try recreating it and use FAT32 instead and see if that makes any difference.

Also, CSM is Enabled in the BIOS. I assume that's correct.

I also have 3 settings:

Launch PXE OpROM policy - Legacy only
Launch Storage OpROM policy - Legacy only
Launch Video OpROM policy- Legacy only

I should leave that as is?

Make sure your hard drive/SSD partition type is GPT, Windows won't install in uEFI mode on a MBR partition, it also won't install in ACPI mode on a system with the partition set to GPT so it must not be set to GPT.

As I said, it installed just fine the first 2x I tried (made sure I had a GPT formatted drive), just in ACPI mode. There is no "Firmware" entry listed in the device mgr.

There should be a screen that allows you to select the device you are booting from. With the USB stick in, do you see an option for a UEFI boot off that device?

Also, CSM is Enabled in the BIOS. I assume that's correct.

I also have 3 settings:

Launch PXE OpROM policy - Legacy only
Launch Storage OpROM policy - Legacy only
Launch Video OpROM policy- Legacy only

I should leave that as is?

That is incorrect, CSM should be disabled. Also, with all those items set to Legacy only, you will not be able to install it UEFI mode.

You should have CSM turned off for Windows 10 if at all possible. Unless anyone sees any reason to have them turned on?

Got it. I checked my partition table in disk manager and there's an EFI volume so it looks like it installed properly.

I did. And afterwards I found out that the Intel Braswell Graphics drivers don't support bitstreaming so I ended up installing OpenElec anyways.

I might send the board back because I wanted to use Windows 10 as an all in one HTPC.

Back