Can't get Sound Blaster ZR drivers to work.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Creative's drivers and software suck. I just spent an hour trying to get my old SoundBlaster ZX working in my Xeon.
Installed the latest drivers, no go, installed the older driver from their site, no go.
I get sound when the drivers are unloaded and requests a reboot.

When the software is installed, windows boots with no sound, the Sound Blaster Pro Studio window takes forever to come up and then it doesn't fully load, it's just a blank window, and the mouse just shows the blue rotating busy icon.

I don't sit at the machine much so I don't really need a sound card in there since I was using my Sennheiser USB headset and a Plugable USB audio card, but since the SB ZX is just sitting around I figured I'd slap it into this machine.

IMG_1681.JPG IMG_1680.JPG

Odd - my ZX is working fine in Win10pro (Fall Creator Update).

You are using a server-grade motherboard so it doesn't have onboard audio to clash with the ZX.

Did you try anotther PCI-E slot? Being a server it uses a different chipset than desktop boards, I wonder if that's the root of the problem (I'm using a desktop motherboard and an i7-4770K).

Ya, the ZX was working fine in my 4790k machine with the latest Windows 10 update as well.
I bought a used ZxR and put that in the 4790k machine and moved the ZX to the Xeon.

I was thinking of moving the card since half the slots are assigned to CPU 1 and the others are CPU 2, just can't recall which CPU the top slot is linked to, gotta look in the manual.

I might just pull the card out and sell it since the Red LED on it is quite bright and this machine is in my bedroom and runs 24/7.

Man wants to sleep in the dark. Man builds a computer with a huge glass window and light show and leaves it running for the night. Man gets annoyed from the light. What did man do wrong? :D

Man wants to sleep in the dark. Man builds a computer with a huge glass window and light show and leaves it running for the night. Man gets annoyed from the light. What did man do wrong? :D
lol.

I am surprised that the Sound Blaster ZxR doesn't have an LED on it.
Also didn't have time/felt like messing with sound drivers yet. It's been months since I even turned on those speakers, so I am in no rush.

Here is the Block diagram of my board,
Slot 6 is where the Soundblaster is and Slot 5 is where my GTX960 is installed.
I have a USB3 card in Slot 2

S2600CO-Block Diagram.jpg

Back