Can't get new video card to work right

I replaced my gt 710 with a 1030 and only my secondary monitor will come on. I got the latest drivers and tried a different pcie slot but still not working. Both monitors work fine if i plug my 710 back in. I had a 1660 super and it worked fine for 6 months then it started doing the same thing after i did a clean windows 10 install. If something in the bios got changed i don't think the 710 would work either.

Is there a legacy vs. UEFI in the bios? Might need it to be on UEFI with a newer card?

Have you used DDU to remove the driver and then install the latest driver?

I ran DDU but that didn't fix it either. If i plug just my main monitor in it will change colors while windows in loading bois then when it's loaded the screen goes black.

I ran DDU but that didn't fix it either. If i plug just my main monitor in it will change colors while windows in loading bois then when it's loaded the screen goes black.
What do you mean by "change colors?" Like, it shows a picture until Windows loads, and then goes black? Or do you mean that you get improper colors on the screen that change over time, and then the screen goes black once windows loads?

The screen changes from blue,green,grey, and some other colors until windows loads then the screen goes black

try another cable, port and/or monitor. its not the uefi thing suggested as it wouldnt work period, if that were the case.

So i tried hooking my qx2710 up to 710 by dvi to hdmi cable and it wouldn't work. I put the 1030 back in and hooked up an older tv and the asus and they both work. The Qx2710 will only work on the 710 if its hooked up with dual dvi. My only reason for getting the 1030 was because i wanted to buy a 43 inch tv to use as monitor so i guess it will work fine.

So i tried hooking my qx2710 up to 710 by dvi to hdmi cable and it wouldn't work. I put the 1030 back in and hooked up an older tv and the asus and they both work. The Qx2710 will only work on the 710 if its hooked up with dual dvi. My only reason for getting the 1030 was because i wanted to buy a 43 inch tv to use as monitor so i guess it will work fine.
1030 hdmi to hdmi on the tv will probably work just fine.

Back