Can't get my Google Voice # to ring on Boost Mobile

Ryom

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone else here using or familiar with using Google Voice with Boost Mobile? I recently switched away from Virgin Mobile due to a phone failure, and Boost offering a significantly better plan than Virgin (3GB 4G data w/ hotspot for $35/mo, vs 2.5GB 4G data w/o hotspot for $35/mo).

I added my new Boost Mobile number to my Google voice forwarding numbers list and deactivated the Virgin number entirely. However, while I can call out from my Boost phone, anyone that calls in does not cause the phone to ring, it ends up going to voice mail and the only way I know that I've gotten a call is when I see the missed call alert sent to my email.

Any insights?

Did you validate the boost number with Google Voice?
It's supposed to call the boost number when you put it as a number in GV and you answer the call to validate. At least that is what I remember, it's been so long since I did it.
I use GV with Sprint, which is the owner of Boost.

Yep, validated the number with the Google two digit number code.

My GV # is area code seven-one-seven 456-0457 if you want to try to give me a ring :)

Actually I think your number rang my phone (I had just stepped into the restroom so I'm not 100% sure :p ). I just called up some of my family and none of their call backs causes a ring. I'm so confused right now. I've reinstalled GV app and deleted and re-added my phone to the GV webpage with no better luck.

edit: so Zeph's (out of my area code) call rings my phone, anybody calling from my own area code generates no ring. So bizarre :/

Last edited:
Hey Zeph, what service were you calling from? Landline? Carrier? GV? I had one of my co-workers call from his out-of-area-code phone and it didn't ring me. You are the ONLY person I have gotten that has been able to ring my phone :confused:

Waiting for my day off to get into it with Boost and Google :p

That was my friends T-Mobile cell phone I called from.

Alright, thanks for the info. You've been a big help!

Last thread update if for anyone that runs across this issue themselves. There are several threads on the Google voice forums of people in similar situations. So far the response is wait three days then they'll forward your issue to one of their engineers who will contact your carrier once they look into your transaction logs (after you've done the basic troubleshooting and waited the three days).

As for me, my lack of ringing spontaneously resolved itself today. It took roughly 5 days for my new line to properly forward the GV calls.

Back