Cant get my E6600 Stable past 3.06 please help!

if you want to push it up i'd try setting the multi back up to 9 first before you try raising the FSB that way you know its wasn't the multi before.

honestly any temp under 50 is nice and i wouldn't complain about it...

if you want to push it up i'd try setting the multi back up to 9 first before you try raising the FSB that way you know its wasn't the multi before.

honestly any temp under 50 is nice and i wouldn't complain about it...

Yes I agree, if the temps are OK why not set it to multiplier 9 and try for 3600. It might work or might not but you know that FSB 400 works at 1.45V with multiplier 8. So sure let's try 9

ok so...if this TAT is right....my CPU temps are higher then i thought lol...

40-43C on both cores...i could turn my 2 intake fans to high that im sure would maybe get it to or just under 40C i would think

you're fine, like I said anything less than 50 is a nice temp really. 50-60 is okay, I wouldn't keep going if you're over 60 though :)

ill check in on you later darlin' im off to play a lil Quake 4, i'm sure wdn will take good care of you ;) ( i kid)

So let's try the multiplier set back to 9 which is 3600 MHz Don't expect it to work but if it works you are all set. That is a fast overclock and is not overclocking your memory at all. But you may have to push the voltage on the chip to get there.

If it DOESNT work set the multiplier back to 8 and FSB to 425 for 3400 MHz.

k ill go try that. my CPU is still at 1.45 though///should i switch it to 1.4?

Remember what I said earlier about overclocking -- only change 1 thing at a time? Let's stick with that practice for now. So don't change the voltage, just change multiplier to 9 and see what happens. Later we can drop the voltage down after it is stable. Like I said, don't expect it to work at 9 but if it does work you are all set. I probably should have asked you before though, if it doesn't work be prepared to clear the CMOS if the system won't boot.

ok 9x400 didnt work i got a WEIRD ass error...it didnt even reset...so that scared me a bit lol.

but 8x425 is working idk if it passes the stable test of prime95 yet though

Edit: CPU-Z says 8x 424...and im getting 3392 wit ha voltage of 1.408...when im using 1.45 voltage and 425...

Also TAT says my CPU temps are 39-45X average is about 42X

OK I did not figure that 9x400 would work so at this point just stick with 8x425 and run Primt95 overnight if possible.

I got to go anyway very late for me glad I could help. Report back tomorrow. I would not go past 3400 on stock cooling anyway since you are in this for the long haul.

ok thanks so much I hope Prime95 works...I talked my wife into letting me get a After Market Cooler so ill get opinions from you and others on whats a really good one. ok well have a good night =P

btw new Super PI score of 15.765 =P

i'd recommend either

A) scythe ninja plus revB
B) Scythe Infinity
C) Tuniq Tower

That's worst to best (although they are all very excellent coolers really) and cheapest to most expensive :)

umm btw...Prime95 caused my computer to reset...after about15 minutes of running it...im sad..I really want it to work @ 3.4...it idles fine I cant run Prime95 for over 20 mins..anything I can do to fix this?

Edit: I cant find any of them on Newegg.com

just vdroop... nothing to worry about, as far as i know there is nothing you can do about it...

at this point there are a number of things you could do... you could try increasing voltage to the mch(i'd recommend setting it to at least +.1 if you haven't already), you could alternately try setting mem timings to something looser like 5-5-5-20 to see if that helps. or you could lower the FSB until you find a stable point. You can also get the aftermarket HSF and see if its a heat related issue. Also you might want to look into replacing the northbridge heatsink. the unit on the DS3 (little gold colored flame shaped one) is pretty craptacular and the thermal is also crud if you want to just replace it with something better that's an option.

no no... if its already not stable don't drop it voltage lol... look at my previous post (i edited it for some additional options)

mch to +.1? what option is that?

Edit: I read somewhere that Orthos is a better tester? im currently running it. seems like its working atm..

OMG OMG OMG......

I was running Orthos and my computer froze...i turned it off and turned it back on and it just kept turning on and off so i wigged the power cord and then it stayed on but my monitor isnt coming on.....

the light is yellow...OMG WHAT HAPPENED!!!

EDIT: im on a different computer....its NOT WORKING OMG>!>!>!>!> it powers on i can hear the HDD working...you think i blew the CPU or GPU??? OMG THE TEMPS WERE FINE....dude omg....

im out for the night maybe nothing happened and it just needs a rest...oh please god...

OMG OMG OMG......

I was running Orthos and my computer froze...i turned it off and turned it back on and it just kept turning on and off so i wigged the power cord and then it stayed on but my monitor isnt coming on.....

the light is yellow...OMG WHAT HAPPENED!!!

EDIT: im on a different computer....its NOT WORKING OMG>!>!>!>!> it powers on i can hear the HDD working...you think i blew the CPU or GPU??? OMG THE TEMPS WERE FINE....dude omg....

im out for the night maybe nothing happened and it just needs a rest...oh please god...

sounds like you might need to do a cmos reset... its a tad complicated, so i'll let someone else explain it in the morning (or i'll do it int he morning as im a tad tired now). also is the board beeping? Depending on how its beeping it might be some error or other. But I'll bet you need to do the former...

Thats exactly what happened to my DS3 before it died. I overclocked it a tad too high and it restarted, rebooted several times before POST, and eventually just wouldn't post. I tried resetting the CMOS, etc, and nothing worked. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

my CPU fan turns on...but yeah no beeps monitor button stays yellow....

Edit: where can i learn to reset CMOS? If it is my motherboard can it be returned? I know if you overclock it voids teh warranty but would they know?

I pulled out the battery for about 5 mins and putit back in and it worked. im back on my computer.

ok anyways that was a long gay night..
back to overclocking =P

im at 9x340 atm 3.06

you said something about the mch? I should change that to .1?

thats a Screenshot of my at 3.2 i think its stable.

Edit: It says my Voltage is 1.35 or 1.36 or w/e it says yet i set that to 1.40..does it say that because thats all it needs? If so should decrease the voltage?

no its vdroop, don't worry about it, the board will supply up to the given voltage if needed i believe. glad to see you're back up and running mate :)

thanks =P

Well i turned on that mch to .1 so thats cool

also I turned my intake fans to high doesnt seem like it made any difference.

im leaving to go to the mall does best buy have after market coolers?

im going to run Prime95 while im gone to check it. i dont think it was a heat issue why my motherboard failed or w/e... so any opinions on how to get that stabled @ 3.4 im all ears ^_^. maybe that mch to .1 fixed it but id rather see if 3.2 is completly stabe. it ran mark06 so thats a good sign

if best buy does have aftermarket HSFs they are not anything you'd probably even want to think about (think overpriced and not nearly worth the price BB would charge)

WTF with the gay references? If you're taking it up the keister that's your business but the rest of us don't need to listen to that silly shit. :rolleyes:

Also.. you aren't saying what your temps are at load, what do the temps max out to while running prime95.

Fortron 450 i believe

idk i never checked..let me run Prime95 right now

Pretty steady at 58

wdn i noticed you have my exact motherboard and same rev too yet your using F7. The newest version is like F10 i think. is F7 better then F10?

Back