Cant get email thru a Baracuda

delemorte

Gawd
Ok so my ISP was kewl enough to swap out our cable modem and in the mean time made us change static IP address... Who knew that static really does not mean static... OMG i want to choke charter but that is a different rant.

So i have had a time getting all of my emial to get thru and one by one i am getting it resolved. All of the issues i had where do to other domains not accepting my email do to look up zones having the wrong data or other DNS related issues related to a change in IP.

Ive got one last one who is using baracuda that swears up and down that they are hooked up right and the issue is on my end but before the IP change our mail was going thru just fine...

Im not the mac daddy with exchange or DNS but know enough to get in trouble and to know when to ask for help. I have several resources locally i can call on to assist and dont mind paying them but i was hoping that any of you could give me some ideas as to what could be an issue before i start shelling out big $$$. thanks... error message is below and it comes back within seconds.

I am on a static IP at least so my ISP says i am and reverse DNS seems to reflect that i am and am able to send mail both internally and externally to numerous domains including RR, AOL, Earthlink and other private Domains that i wont mention for obvious reasons, thanks..

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 11/18/2007 6:50 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

****Recipient@host domain.com**** on 11/18/2007 6:50 PM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<*****My Mail Server****** #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <****Recipient@host domain.com****>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.>

Also since i am on a static IP my ISP does allow me to send mail directly from my server and am not required to go thru their mail server nor have i tried ot set it up that way.

Just in case you were wondering.

have you tried contacting baracuda, they are good at helping you out.

Yes I have dropped them an email asking them what they require as far as authentication is concerned to make sure i am sending the correct info. it is the weekend so i dont expect an answer till at least mid week.

i was having that same email when i was on a dynamic ip without reverse dns setup.

as soon as i got a static ip, setup the mx record, and the reverse dns, then it was all good.

Before the IP change i had no issues. but once my GD ISP changed my IP i have had all kinds of issues... the comnpany that handles my DNS has all the correct MX and NS records so i am wondering if the domain in question just has the old records in the forward look up zone.

Before the IP change i had no issues. but once my GD ISP changed my IP i have had all kinds of issues... the comnpany that handles my DNS has all the correct MX and NS records so i am wondering if the domain in question just has the old records in the forward look up zone.

Sounds about right. Check your DNS records, then check them again. Also, is your Barracuda resolving hostnames or IP of your mail server? Switch to IP if it is not already.

Is the destinations barracuda denying your email? There is an option if whomever is sending email does not have a reverse dns entry, it denies it.

Is the destinations barracuda denying your email? There is an option if whomever is sending email does not have a reverse dns entry, it denies it.

Exactly. But when i check my reverse DNS using a online DNS tool it comes back as my mail server. thats why i was wondering if there DNS server might have an old entry since this only started happening after my IP info changed. I thought it might auto update for the new entry but its been almost 2 months now.

Back