Can't get E6600 past 385MHz FSB

Kaldskryke

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm not expecting miracles out of this chip anymore. It's stable at 385MHz FSB (x9=3.4GHz) with 1.45vcore set in BIOS, which CPU-Z shows as 1.31V during load. I've been considering pushing the Vcore higher since I still have a little bit of thermal headroom. I've heard that I shouldn't push past 1.6V, but is that for the CPU-Z reading or for the setting in BIOS?

What are the other voltage options you have in the CMOS?
Have you tried adjusting any of them besides Vcore?
How about the RAm Voltage?
RAM Timmings?
RAM to FSB Ratio?

Have you considered a BIOS Flash?

We are not at all concerned with voltage readings from programs within windows, we only care about the voltages that are set through the CMOS.

What are the other voltage options you have in the CMOS?
Have you tried adjusting any of them besides Vcore?
How about the RAm Voltage?
RAM Timmings?
RAM to FSB Ratio?

Have you considered a BIOS Flash?

We are not at all concerned with voltage readings from programs within windows, we only care about the voltages that are set through the CMOS.
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. I was able to get 400FSB by pushing Vcore to 1.55, and I'm happy with that. A nice even number :D. I also increased the FSB and northbridge voltage, although I'm quite sure that this board can handle 400FSB without the help. The RAM is DDR-800 anyway, so it should be fine for 400MHz without tweaking, right?

Back