Cant get 5.1 sound from Logitech X-530 tried everything!

psyside

2[H]4U
This has been huge issue for me in the past, and i only sorted it out after installing Xonar D1, but that card was PCI, and on my new mobo there is no PCI, only PCI-E...so in short, i sold my old audio card (and will get an STX in few months) but until then, i can't get my X-530 speakers to work no matter what i do, this set has been dirving my crazy for years, but i always end up using my money on different things other then surround speakers lol.

Oh forgot to point out, that they where working fine after long sessions of tweaking and changing jacks etc (on different mobo/pc) but only until i reinstall the OS, when i do that 5.1 sound is gone..and i must suffer again to fix them and the problem is that fix is actullay still secret to me, i just play arround and they start to play as it should, its so hard to diagnose what is the right setting, because there are many software/options and jacks/plugs to swap and chek out....

So long story short, when i go in windows- sound configuration, and press test all of the spekars are working fine, but when i play youtube video or movie, the sound is coming only from 2 speakers, from right and front left...

Ive tried installing Realtek drivers, 2 different sets, same result, i tried many differnt jacks/swapped out/in no succes, i tried chaning in BIOS from ac 79/HD again same results, if anyone knows how to configure this ****, which i'm almost 100% sure i did good.

BTW 3 different mobos, same issues with this speakers....only sound card made them work as 5.1 setup, with pretty much no hassle, but atm i got no sound card so please guys if anyone get this setup work post back, thanks!

what about true 5.1 sources how do they play?
it seems to me like upmixing is not working....

oh also, the STX cannot output 5.1 to the X530 speakers.

are you tryign to get audio sent to all speakers? Unless your playing media that has 5.1 you wont get 5.1 unless you want to have it mix out put to all speakers.

Also dosent matter if you change your speakers when your soundcard or out put is the proble. Keep what you got! you need to set it up properly!

You won't get 5.1 sound unless you're listening to a 5.1 source, upmixing through a media player, or using an upmixing algorithm on ALL incoming stereo sources via a driver.

Go download Foobar, and install the Channel Mixer plugin and have it upmix your stereo music to 5.1, and see if that works.

Guys, even on HD movies 5.1 source i got sound only for 2 speakers...

They just dont work...and ye the STX wont output 5.1 i forgot about that, but when i get my STX i will most prolly get some decent 2.1 system instead of this shit...

I'm open to more suggestions or some settings... :(

@Valaire, i will download Foobar and try out.

if in windows sound config the sound works for all speakers. it should actually work. in foobar2000, try to go view-> visualization -> peak meter. is there 6 bars displayed?

If you're not getting music out of Foobar w/ Channel Mixer enabled and set to upmix to 5.1, it sounds like you don't have the jacks right.

Even though you said that at some point it has cleared the Windows speaker test config, let's just establish a baseline: just so we're clear, for a 5.1 setup with your motherboard:

Lime: Front Out
Black: Rear Out
Pink: Mic In
Orange: Center/Subwoofer Out
Blue: Line In
Gray: Side Out

Make sure your front speakers are plugged into Lime, rear speakers into Black, and Center/Sub into Orange. Gray should go unused, and probably Blue.

Bro thanks for the tips and everything but we got one major problem.

How can i tell which one is which on the X-530? all of the color coded jacks comes from same cable which in the end then split in 3 ways, but there is no label on them...how can i tell which is rear, bass, front? :(

x530eie.jpg

I have no experience with that speaker system, all I can tell you is that it is quite odd it is not color coded on the plug. I'm assuming there must be some kind of mark on the plugs to identify them, maybe even a picture. Check the manual of the speaker system, it MUST address this.

There should be a way to match the things you're plugging into the 3 jacks on the subwoofer/system, to the 3 jacks on the sound card.

Bro thanks for the tips and everything but we got one major problem.

How can i tell which one is which on the X-530? all of the color coded jacks comes from same cable which in the end then split in 3 ways, but there is no label on them...how can i tell which is rear, bass, front? :(

x530eie.jpg

http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/sound-card-color-code.php

Just like Valaire said above:

Green Front Speakers
Orange Subwoofer and Center
Black Rear Speakers

Last edited:
So lets keep it simple guys,

I plug the orange jack into the orange one from my mobo.

I plug the black into the black one.

I plug the green into?

Thanks in advance guys.

Ok so your plugs are color coded...

Match the colors. :p

Green goes into the lime green port (front speakers).
Black goes into the black port (rear speakers)
Yellowish one goes into the orange port (center/subwoofer).

You said you got it to work once, so if we assume for the moment that the hardware is OK, reinstall the audio drivers for your motherboard/sound card, make sure the settings are correct, and make sure Windows speaker setting is set to 5.1.

If that doesn't help, try the speakers on a different computer and/or a different audio device.

If after all of that, you can't get 5.1, it's time to call Logitech. But I'd say it's probably your audio device or a software setting.

Back