Cant get 4k60 over hdmi2.0 on HP Spectre

kimahri626

Limp Gawd
Hey all

I just received an HP Spectre 32inch 4k Studio Display from a friend and I'm trying to get 4k60 over the hdmi2.0 port but it wont go higher than 4k30.

The specs say the monitor has an hdmi 1.4 and 2.0 and I have an RX580 by MSI that should work fine. I cant seem to get the 60hz. I've also tried a GTX 1060 and still no go. Hoping to use both the DP 1.2 and hdmi2.0 ports for 4k60.

I've also tried numerous hdmi cables with no luck.

You say it has both a 1.4 and 2.0 output, but did you try both? What about the inputs on the video card? Did you check the monitor's OSD to see if there is an option you need the change to get 60 Hz or HDMI 2.0 functionality?

Yes to all that. Tried both ports with multiple cables, video cards, video card ports. Tried messing with the OSD with no luck. It has an option for DP 1.2, but no HDMI options. Update drivers and installed utility.

Have you looked in the menus on the monitor itself to see if there's a setting for adjusting hdmi port speed? I've seen many higher end dp monitors ship with a lower dp speed at stock, I don't know if that's ever done for HDMI.

Back