Can't fix corrupted text in Chrome

Teenyman45

2[H]4U
All of the sudden I've started getting a weird corrupted text issue in Chrome. Here's a sample:
Chrome Corrupted Text.png

The issue only seems to happen in Chrome with live updating text and/or text that can have mouse-over or popover features like twitter or the comments section of Videocardz. It doesn't happen with more static text like on this forum. However, it doesn't happen with non-English text (or at least not Japanese) with mixed text, the English will look like that but the kana is unaffected. Again, this is only happening in Chrome not Firefox or Edge. I've tried adjusting cleartype and I've tried rebuilding my Win 10 font cache besides clearing my browser's cache and cookies.

Any idea what's causing this, and more importantly, how to fix it?

Have you tried resetting chrome under advanced settings? Or disabling all extensions? Or making a new profile?

Yeah, those other basics didn't do anything to resolve this. But just like unplugging and re-plugging a router again, it was worth re-trying.

Clear your cache? Thinking corrupted webfont, or similar.

Chrome's been reset repeatedly. Tried disabling hardware acceleration via chrome flags.

Oddly enough, changing the magnification up or down from whatever the level was set to previously does temporarily make all the text visible. However moving the mouse cursor over the text has a good chance of causing re-corruption.

Chrome's been reset repeatedly. Tried disabling hardware acceleration via chrome flags.

Oddly enough, changing the magnification up or down from whatever the level was set to previously does temporarily make all the text visible. However moving the mouse cursor over the text has a good chance of causing re-corruption.
what res are you using and any dpi adjustments?

2560x1600 native and scale layout is set to the standard 100%. Chrome is using the default Times New Roman and font size 16. Changing Chrome's font or font size has no impact.

Typing that just gave me the idea to try adding an extension to give me manual control over character encoding. Now to see if that is an acceptable workaround.

2560x1600 native and scale layout is set to the standard 100%. Chrome is using the default Times New Roman and font size 16. Changing Chrome's font or font size has no impact.
k. have you uninstalled and reinstalled it yet?

Back