Can't Fall Sleep? Watch Napflix

HardOCP News

[H] News
Do you have a hard time falling asleep? Do you need something extremely boring to watch that will put you in a coma fast? Watch any of the videos on Napflix. There is everything from men's curling to a one hour looped animation of a Minecraft pig walking. My personal favorite is this three hour long video of fish in an aquarium.

Men's curling boring? Puts you to sleep? Has to be beer league. Top tier curling is fast, exciting and full of strategy. And big money.

Succumb to The Dollar Store sleeping pills. They work great and you don't have to watch boring stuff.

1. f.lux on the desktop and twilight on phone and tablet.

2. Don't do active/engaging/stimulating stuff before bed. Wind down a bit.

3. Listen to some ASMR sleep/relaxation videos on youtube.

I have TNG and DS9 in a playlist for such occasions.

There are plenty of sleep inducing rain apps for mobile. Download one and listen to a gentle rainfall or a distant thunder storm...best sleep aid eva!

Netflix has this:
A Norwegian series called Slow TV
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_television

Plus a number of other documentary series which are great for sleeping.

I'm running out of good ASMR to watch, too many of them do the same/similar stuff, have annoying voices, don't sound/look authentic, or their audio quality is terrible. Also I fap while listening so listening to dudes is a no-go. :yawn:

For a second... I thought I read 'Fapflix' in the thread title. Would be a good domain.

For me nature documentaries do the trick every time....especially if David Attenborough is doing narration. Put on "Life" or "Planet Earth"...out in 10.

People have a hard time going to sleep? I'm out soon as I hit the bed. I need a good 7-8 hours of sleep, otherwise I'm slow. More so than usual.

countdown until this is taken down by Netflix? as far as I can tell napflix isn't related to Netflix an the names and logos are extremely similar

Try turning off your goofy devices. I have no problem falling asleep I just don't stay asleep. Sleep is for the weak 4 hours is plenty, get up and do something constructive.

1) Lay down anywhere

2) Close eyes

3) 2 minutes later out cold

Can't imagine not being able to fall asleep anywhere/whenever

I was going to record some of my college lectures in Electrical Engineering for this, but I always forgot to start recording before I fell asleep in class :)

Men's curling boring? Puts you to sleep? Has to be beer league. Top tier curling is fast, exciting and full of strategy. And big money.

Agreed. One of few Olympic events I watch (besides Hockey).

Reactions: DKS
like this
I tell you young whipper snappers how to fall asleep, watch "how it's made" 2 minutes later I am snoring like a freight train. Don't believe meh ask the ole lady.

I tell you young whipper snappers how to fall asleep, watch "how it's made" 2 minutes later I am snoring like a freight train. Don't believe meh ask the ole lady.
Pics and an email addy?

To me the aquarium video should be labeled soothing not boring. Boring was my physics professor on a Friday afternoon explaining string theory. Watching cars rust was more inspiring.

OMG this. I actually LOVE How it's made. I tend to watch it to wind down if I'm all excited for some reason (like just finished watching Game 7 of the World Series and really need to get to sleep soon). Lay down, put on How it's made, and I swear I can't ever stay awake long enough to finish the first segment!

When I can't sleep I have these sound files I play that use various techniques. I have three that are nature sounds but I have another three that use alpha waves and certain frequencies to help you relax. I have this one that plays a droning frequency along with white noise that is quite effective. At least for me it is, ymmv.

Brian Eno put out a couple of albums that are very relaxing too, Music for Airports and The Pearl.

i have a few channels like that on my nextbox, never watch them, just get some drinks maybe a toke or two and c u tomorrow

So I take it the Olympics counts as beer league because that shit is ungodly boring.

Watching a backlit screen has been proven to make it harder for you to fall asleep. As such this is a stupid idea, get a book... Or better yet a copy of National Geographic magazine, those always put me to sleep.

I usually put on a podcast or some long YT vid that I don't need to watch and close the lid of my laptop. If it's completely silent my brain starts to wander and think about random things. Having something on in the darkness for my mind to focus on helps me sleep. Been that way since I was a kid.

Watching a backlit screen has been proven to make it harder for you to fall asleep. As such this is a stupid idea.

This ^

1. f.lux on the desktop and twilight on phone and tablet.

f.lux is also available for jailbroken iOS and rooted Android devices now. Works nicely on my Android phone.

They claim it actually removes blue and green from the display rather than simply applying a red overlay like Twilight: https://forum.justgetflux.com/topic/2591/exactly-why-do-you-need-root-for-flux-android/4

Back