Can't download attachments on Motorola Atrix

MrMetal_53

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone. I picked up my Motorola Atrix on the 26th, and I've been messing around with it and enjoying it very much. My only problem with it so far is that I cannot download attachments via email on it; this applies to both Gmail and Yahoo. In my case, my friend sent me an .mp3 file. I was unable to download it via the sendspace link he forwarded to me, and I was also unable to download it when he actually attached the .mp3 file to the email. Yahoo actually told me the attachment (at 12.9 mb) was too large. I was doing some research, and people on other forums were saying that, by default, there are limits to attachments that the device sets. Some people were saying they had success by changing this limit to be much greater than the default 25kb that it is set to to. Others were saying that they had success by "accepting all ssl certificates." Unfortunately, I don't know where either of these settings reside on my phone, and I've been looking for the last hour and a half! Does anyone here know how to find these settings so I can resolve my problem? I'm just a huge n00b? Thanks in advance.

For reference, here are the threads I found:

Issue 4565 - android - unable to open attachments to emails from Exchange Server. Get perpetual "fetching" - Project Hosting on Google Code

Attachments never open with Exchange - Page 4 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Those issues aren't what's affecting you, since you're not using exchange. From what I remember, Yahoo only allows a 10mb file to be sent, hence the file is too large error message. Why not have them send it to your dropbox, or a different file upload service?

Those issues aren't what's affecting you, since you're not using exchange. From what I remember, Yahoo only allows a 10mb file to be sent, hence the file is too large error message. Why not have them send it to your dropbox, or a different file upload service?

Yahoo has a 25MB limit.

Back