Can't create account on community.amd.com

x509

2[H]4U
When I try to create an account, and I check the "I agree to Terms and Conditions" box, nothing happens. I have tried several times with Firefox and Edge, on two different days. Usually forum registration is easy. Not this time. So what's the "secret" here?

VPNs get a lot of stuff blocked. at least mine does. You on one? Any weird region?

No VPN. I use plain vanilla Comcast, in California, USA

Last edited:
It was on but I turned it off and refreshed. No difference, but I will try again with the ad blocker turned off before I start the registration process.

So I tried once again to register. This time I used EDGE, not my default Firefox. I don't have an ad blocker installed on EDGE. Still unable to register. :banghead:

How can I get a message to one of the site administrators if I can't create an account!?@?@! Catch-22.

use another device?
So I used my laptop instead of my desktop. On my laptop I can hear the audio where they read off a bunch of numbers, except that they speak a bit too fast and the voices aren't clear enough. And the Captcha text is impossible to read, harder than other sites. So I give up. On the site and maybe even on AMD video cards. In a different forum, people are telling me to consider a GTX 2060, but I'm sure sure I want to do that.

So I used my laptop instead of my desktop. On my laptop I can hear the audio where they read off a bunch of numbers, except that they speak a bit too fast and the voices aren't clear enough. And the Captcha text is impossible to read, harder than other sites. So I give up. On the site and maybe even on AMD video cards. In a different forum, people are telling me to consider a GTX 2060, but I'm sure sure I want to do that.
That should be RTX 2060 Super. The card is fast as hell, I have one.

Just post a screenshot of the captcha here, we'll use the neural net known as [H]ardforum to decipher it for you. :p

My CPU is a neural net. It is a self-lehning computa!
After reading reviews of lots of 5600-XT and the other 5000 series cards on newegg, Amazon, and on the AMD site, I got scared off by all the posts complaining about bad drivers. I checked the dates of those posts, and some of them are only a day or two old. So I hate system crashes and freeze-ups as much as the next guy, so I am going to pay the nVidia "premium for reliable drivers." On the other hand, my 3900X CPU has been flawless. So no need to join the AMD forum now.

After reading reviews of lots of 5600-XT and the other 5000 series cards on newegg, Amazon, and on the AMD site, I got scared off by all the posts complaining about bad drivers. I checked the dates of those posts, and some of them are only a day or two old. So I hate system crashes and freeze-ups as much as the next guy, so I am going to pay the nVidia "premium for reliable drivers." On the other hand, my 3900X CPU has been flawless. So no need to join the AMD forum now.
Well you better not go to Nvidia Driver forums, you won't be buying any cards:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/

Both have driver issues, that is why new drivers are coming out all the time. For any consolation, I am having no major issues with my 5700 XT, issues yes but nothing remotely detrimental for me. I have issues with Nvidia drivers too, nothing too serious. I've seen flips over and over again on who had major issues. I would say in general Nvidia is better but not significantly and I like AMD drivers better for overall functionality and usefulness.

Well you better not go to Nvidia Driver forums, you won't be buying any cards:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/

Both have driver issues, that is why new drivers are coming out all the time. For any consolation, I am having no major issues with my 5700 XT, issues yes but nothing remotely detrimental for me. I have issues with Nvidia drivers too, nothing too serious. I've seen flips over and over again on who had major issues. I would say in general Nvidia is better but not significantly and I like AMD drivers better for overall functionality and usefulness.
Thanks. I find this post interesting, because a lot of the "bad Radeon driver" posts include some comment about how they never had any such problems with their previous card, which was nVidia.

So your post has me wondering if a 5600-XT would be a good choice despite all the negative reviews.This card is already overclocked by AMD, but I wasn't going to try to push the card any faster. My current monitor is 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz and I'm not planning to upgrade to 4K until I can afford a monitor that supports aRGB, which is pricey.

Now, in case I didn't already say this, I"m not a gamer, and I had the impression that a lot of nVidia driver issues are game-related, but the AMD driver issues seem to affect even Windows. Yes? No? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64, latest patches, etc. My main workaday applications are Microsoft Office (heavy Outlook,Word, Excel, a bit of PowerPoint and Access), and Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. If it matters, I was probably going to get the 5600-XT,

Office work fine with AMD drivers, as for Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop either the 2060 KO or 5600XT should be fine. I would tend to go with the 2060KO, Nvidia do have some plug-ins for Photoshop and lightroom where the AI ability of the 2060 maybe useful:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/studio/software/

Probably best to go to Adobe Forums and see what other users have come up with.

Reactions: x509
like this
Office work fine with AMD drivers, as for Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop either the 2060 KO or 5600XT should be fine. I would tend to go with the 2060KO, Nvidia do have some plug-ins for Photoshop and lightroom where the AI ability of the 2060 maybe useful:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/studio/software/

Probably best to go to Adobe Forums and see what other users have come up with.
noko I have spent lots of time on Adobe and other photography forums and I never knew anything about the Nvidia plugins until I just read your message. I'm pretty excited about Enhanced Details, so I guess I'm going to get a 2060, even though it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. Much, much thanks.

On these other forums, I even asked if Adobe favored Nvidia over AMD. People there said it didn't matter which brand I chose. But now I see that it does.

Reactions: noko
like this
Adobe has always favored nv, though I guess they don't go parading it around. And by that I don't mean they slight AMD hardware, just they haven't really put much effort in supporting their hardware beyond it just working (except maybe in some of their paid for software).

noko I have spent lots of time on Adobe and other photography forums and I never knew anything about the Nvidia plugins until I just read your message. I'm pretty excited about Enhanced Details, so I guess I'm going to get a 2060, even though it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. Much, much thanks.

On these other forums, I even asked if Adobe favored Nvidia over AMD. People there said it didn't matter which brand I chose. But now I see that it does.
Cool beans, let us know how it works out.

Adobe has always favored nv, though I guess they don't go parading it around. And by that I don't mean they slight AMD hardware, just they haven't really put much effort in supporting their hardware beyond it just working (except maybe in some of their paid for software).
I have heard random comments in the past that Adobe favored nVidia, but when I tried in some photo forums to get confirmation, I got back replies that there was no such favoritism. It may not be Adobe "corporate strategy" at the executive level. But engineer-to-engineers, there very well be such favoritism, if only to respond to nVidia's apparent support of advanced features in Adobe software.

Back