Can't Copy Files Across Network

MotionBlur

[H]ard|Gawd
As ben chi(f4) suggested, I got an Intel Pro 1000 GT nic and am still getting the the same error as shown in the screenshot below. Any ideas?

transfer.png

Jumbo Frames weren't enabled on either the File Server or the computer giving this error. The funny thing is, is that it seems to only happen with larger files. I remote into this computer from work for 8+ hours straight and never loose connectivity. Meanwhile, my Bit Torrent client will loose connection randomly and as shown in the screenshot it will drop out on file transfers.

Google "Teracopy" it is a replacement for the windows copy I/O function. If the error occurs with Teracopy, you probably have a deeper network issue, if it doesn't you have a Windows issue.

Thanks! I downloaded the Teracopy app and I tried it with several large files on multiple occasions and it's copied them all successfully. It's a little slower it seems then the Server 2008 Network I/O but I can finally copy files again. :)

Thanks! I downloaded the Teracopy app and I tried it with several large files on multiple occasions and it's copied them all successfully. It's a little slower it seems then the Server 2008 Network I/O but I can finally copy files again. :)

Sounds like you have an underlying Windows problem you might need to dig deeper into. Teracopy will work as a hold over, but you should dig deeper into this one.

since I haven't read the other thread...
is this error popping up on the server or workstation?

have you checked event manager to see if any thing is getting logged into the event viewer at the time you receive this error message?

Back