Cant connect to internet

socK

Supreme [H]ardness
Just reformated. On my last install, all I did was put in the motherboard disc, click network drivers and everything worked fine from there. Now, the menu is empty. I cant connect to the internet, network connections is empty, if I try to follow its stupid connection guide, it says it should already be setup. I've tried installing the drivers reguardless of them not showing up and there was no change, I still cant connect. Nothing works, I cant do shit, i've already tried reformating again... and again. My connection obviously works, as im typing this from another computer in the house, but what in what in the hell can possibly be wrong.

I cant do anything at all on the other computer. Network connections is blank, theres nothing there, if I try to setup an internet connection it tells that it should already be setup. What has me absolutely baffled is the fact that the network drivers dont show up on the motherboard disc install screen thing.

Last install, got into windows, put in disc, installed fine.

Now, go into windows, put in disc, networking drivers section of the install screen is blank. If I install them anyway by browsing the disc, there is no change.

I cant do anything, I cant setup a connection, I dont get a nice beep when I plug in my ethernet cable, zilch. I cant figure this out, it doesnt make sense.

Have you checked the NIC card in device manager?
I would download drivers for the device, from the manufacturers site, then install them, instead of the CD method.

dbwillis said:
Have you checked the NIC card in device manager?
I would download drivers for the device, from the manufacturers site, then install them, instead of the CD method.

whats a NIC card? network interface card card? never heard of them :p

Back