Can't connect multiple computers on WiFi

WipeoutFTW

Limp Gawd
I have a WRG614v9 and 3 computers (all running Windows 7) and for some reason whenever one of them connects the others get D/Ced. Anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks in advance.

I assume all of the PC's are set to use Dynamic IPs?
Have you tried upgrading the firmware?
Are all 3 using the exact same Wi-Fi card? Theres a possibility that particular NIC is causing some issues.
Did you just pull this out the box and run with it or did you actually take time to configure it?

I kinda assumed its something with the IP, but I did check to make sure the IPs were dynamically assigned. As far as the firmware goes, Its up to the latest. Not sure about the NICs, ill have to check later today. I had my network configured but just reset it once this started happening. I did recently switch my ISP so the issue may be with them but I doubt it.

What do you mean disconnected?

Is it dropping them from the network completely? Is it just not allowing them to view the internet?

It drops a connected computer once another connects. Ill check the wifi drivers and DHCP when I get home.

Thanks for all the help guys!

What do you mean disconnected?

Is it dropping them from the network completely? Is it just not allowing them to view the internet?

this.

is the laptop no longer wirelessly connected to the router? Or is the wireless connection still good, just with no access to the internet and/or local network?

It drops a connected computer once another connects.

this could mean a couple different things... hence for clarification as to what you mean by "it drops a computer"

As in, when one computer is connected to the network, the others get disconnected from the network (not just the internet) and I have to reconnect to the wifi network which drops another one.

Sounds like a router firmware issue, the PC drivers couldn't cause this type of issue.

Suggest updating the firmware on the manufacturer's website, and if that doesn't work get a new one. I don't like netgear stuff personally I find they do a nice job on software features but fail to put in top quality hardware.

also try a 30-30-30 hard reset. As in hold the reset button in for 30 sec while the unit is plugged in, keep the reset button depressed and unplug the unit for an additional 30 sec, keep the reset button depressed and plug it in while holding the reset button for an additional 30 sec. This will clear all the cache for most routers and allow it to boot fresh.

As in, when one computer is connected to the network, the others get disconnected from the network (not just the internet) and I have to reconnect to the wifi network which drops another one.

ok that certainly helps.

now... is this a new router? or it used to work fine?

first thing I would check is for any firmware updates. Maybe try a hard reset, and configure only the necessary settings needed for the internet connection just for testing?

Have you also checked your area for wireless congestion? This could be some inteference with the 2.4ghz channels such as phones/neighbors wifi/microwave...

Try changing the channels to either 1/6/11

Back