Cant clean install win7 64bit

Big10Fan

Limp Gawd
I burnt the CD from my schools MSDNAA and load it into my computer, it asks me to set the languages and then i click next and it asks for drivers "Required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing..."

I am clueless, I accidently got 32bit installed on it and working fine, but now that I try to clean install the 64bit I get this.

AMD720BE
Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H
WD 640GB Sata Black Edition
Sony Optiarc(sp?) DVD-RW

I've done like 30+ 7 x64 installs and I don't know what you are talking about. Where are you seeing this? Explain in a bit more detail.

I boot from the 64bit win7 CD, it asks what language for keyboard, etc. I click next and then "Install Now", the next screen says "setup is starting..." and then this driver screen pops up asking for the Cd/DVD with drivers.

I just now tried to install the 32bit and it doesnt give me this problem, only the 64bit

If these are SATA drives, check your BIOS settings and ensure that all SATA devices are set to 'IDE mode' and retry.

Maybe that'll help.

In the Standard CMOS Features:

IDE Channel 0 Master -- None
IDE Channel 0 Slave -- None
IDE Channel 1 Master -- None
IDE Channel 1 Slave -- None
IDE Channel 2 Master -- HDD
IDE Channel 2 Slave -- None
IDE Channel 3 Master -- DVDRW
IDE Channel 3 Slave -- None

My options once I select either HDD or DVDRW are:

Extended IDE Drive (auto or none)
Access mode (auto or large)

In the Integrated Peripherals:

Onchip IDE Channel --Enabled (disabled other option)
Onchip SATA Controller -- Enabled (disabled other option)
Onboard SATA Type -- Native IDE (other options: RAID, AHCI)
If I enable RAID or AHCI for the above option I get this option also:
Onchip SATA PORT4/5 TYPE (IDE or As SATA Type)

I listed all the sata/ide/drive related features I can find in the bios...unless I am blind

You downloaded a corrupt ISO. I ran into this exact same problem with Windows Server 2008 R2. Redownloaded the ISO and reburned the DVD, no problems.

well where else can i download it when my only option from MSDNAA is corrupt?

I've installed twice. The first time I downloaded Professional instead of Ultimate. I didn't have this issue. When I downloaded ultimate, I had this problem (...and I wasn't even installing from the DVD - was using a USB key). I just unplugged my drive and installed. My drive (blu-ray) worked fine after the install.

I've installed twice. The first time I downloaded Professional instead of Ultimate. I didn't have this issue. When I downloaded ultimate, I had this problem (...and I wasn't even installing from the DVD - was using a USB key). I just unplugged my drive and installed. My drive (blu-ray) worked fine after the install.

Well I dont have a 4gig USB drive to use, I'd like to find a work around this somehow. I've heard it may be the atapi drivers, but I can't find a site to download them from, cnet isnt responding when I click "download now" and all the others take me to a mirror that doesnt exist anymore.

How would I verify the iso? When I try to open it in 32bit XP it says " E:\ is not a valid Win32 application "

Download & run a hash program, and browse for the windows 7 iso file you downloaded (not the burnt disc).

for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about

27163970.jpg

btw, I'm in the process of redownloading, but verizon dsl blows its going to take 3hours.

only thing hooked to it is monitor/kb/mouse externally and internally one of each: hdd/dvdrw

you might need the QDMA SATA chipset drivers. also check system BIOS and turn off IDE emulation for SATA drives.
also check and see if raid mode in turned on the optical drive. if it is turn off.

I seen reports IDE emulation for SATA drives the bigest cause of this issue.

also update system BIOS if it's old.

Last edited:
Back