Can't add users (Xp Pro)

When I go to control panel I can add the user, but it will not log on to the user. It will say can not locate the roaming profile on the domain. But i'm on a two computer network. Can anybody help please :(

ok are you creating the profile on only 1 computer and then trying to log into that computer? or are you creating the profile on 1 computer and then trying to log into the other computer with that profile? Did you create passwords for the profiles? pertinent stuff like that....this is at home or work and if work are they on a domain?

This is a home pc. I'm just tring to make another local admin account. Not tring to log in from another pc.

are you logged on as the administrator or with an administrator account?

hulksterjoe said:
so you dont want roaming profiles?????????

It looks like he's trying to add a normal, local, user to a standalone (in the ways that matter here) computer. If so, that's an ... odd error to get.

kdheads said:
are you logged on as the administrator or with an administrator account?

Yep it's my computer.

Ok let me try and state this clearer. Picture a computer by itself. Not connected to a network or internet. Think of my computer like that.

My login is an admin account, it will let my make a login name in the control panel. But when i log off and try to log into my new account i get this error.

Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.

Ignore the Fisher Price Users Control Panel, and add the user account from the MMC.

Management Console. Right click on My Computer and pick Manage. Under Users, add the user account through there. If your going to be using an admin level account, you should be familiar with the MMC.

Is this the same with all new accounts or the one you just created?

If it's just that one, can you create another and test?

Sounds like this may be a problem with the default user profile.

I thought it was that just checking, cool it works. It gave me the error but it continue to load up the new profile.

RocketFast321 said:
Yep it's my computer.

Ok let me try and state this clearer. Picture a computer by itself. Not connected to a network or internet. Think of my computer like that.

My login is an admin account, it will let my make a login name in the control panel. But when i log off and try to log into my new account i get this error.

my bad originally you had posted it as a 2 computer network

Back