Cant access yahoo mail through ADSL connection

aces170

Limp Gawd
Hello folks,

At work we have about 10 computers, loaded with Windows 98SE OS. Each of the system has Norton Anti-virus 2003 (updated) as well as Zone Alarm firewall. One of the System acts as a server and the other systems connect to the Internet through an HTTP Proxy. We have a 512 KBPS ADSL connection.

Now since past few days, we are not able to access yahoo mail ( I have used IE, Firefox, and opera) Somehow i cannot access Yahoo mail, and at the rare times when I can I cannot go to my Inbox. I tried disabling Zone alarm, but that didnt work. Also Norton has started acting weirdly lately, even though I update al comps daily, any Microsoft office files takes about 5 mins to load. (P4 2.0 ghz with 128 megs RAM)

Also I am able to access gmail, but am not able to send attachments, and there are other work related sites which i cant access (including www.slashdot.org)

We have a ghost CD with WIN 98 SE and Norton as well as Zone alarm pre-installed. I have tried Ghosting several times, without avail. There are no issues with our ISP also, as the ISP had sent a representative with Laptop and he connected using our connection. Everything was working perfect.

This is a very weird issue, hopfully someone might be able to help me.

Apparently all works well on Dial up....

Sounds to me like the proxy server isn't handling some thing right. One of the main reasons I quit using squid to transparently cache web sites. Gave a great speed boost but many sites quit working. Hop on your server and see if it can get your mail.

Nope no success on the server too. Could there be some issues with the ADSL modem ? They were working perfect just a week back...

Back