Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L & Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownSouljer

[H]F Junkie
I have been on these forums forever, not looking to get banned. Honest seller you won't have any problems with. I'm well known in the photography subforum. As such, I've spent time dialoging every piece of information about these lenses to give 100% transparency. They are both in solid workhorse condition, used by a professional. Priced to move. Also cross listed on CL, eBay and the FM forums.

I have some heat, but nothing recent, under UnknownSouljer. I have plenty of eBay feedback also under UnknownSouljer, recent too as I've been selling off video games and guitar pedals.

I only want to sell to people who are established or whom have plenty of feedback, or local pickup in cash.

Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L MK. I
Price: $950.00
DROP TO $925!!!
DROP TO $900!!!
Payment method: PayPal, MO, Cash
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

This is the bottom line, what you see is what you Paypal!

This particular copy is super sharp and focuses nice and quick (and virtually silent), even on my 5D2 which has notoriously slow focusing. Operates flawlessly. It has been a mainstay in my bag for many years.

It comes with:

Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
Upgraded Canon Pinch Cap
Canon Rear Cap
Lens Hood
Lens Bag

The item will be placed into the bag, bubble wrapped both directions twice, and put into a box with packing peanuts and newspaper to ensure no voids around the lens.

Glass is clean. No scratches or chips. No fungus, haze, or other internal issues. No internal dust. Barrel is mostly clean except some very minor scratches on the lens extension and on the lens hood collar. The lens hood has a lot of wear on it, as it has taken the brunt of wear (as opposed to on the lens). The hood also shakes (very slightly) while in use. I do emphasize slightly, it's not distracting. From what I've seen though on other 24-70mm copies, that's normal as it predates Canon using locking lens hoods. Minor wear on the mount (which is normal).

Full lens history: About 4 years ago I lived in Vietnam for a year. Upon returning I discovered the lens had fungus (which was probably due to the humidity of the country). I took it to Canon Professional Services in Irvine and the whole lens was overhauled. They replaced all of the rear elements of the lens and completely cleaned it out (I took it back to them until they had every dust spec was taken out). They also ended up replacing the electronics, switch, barrel extension, and most of the external barrel parts. They basically worked the lens over until it was new. They only extrenal part they didn't replace was the lens hood collar (which is the only reason why it shows some wear). For the past four years the lens has been kept in extremely good condition and it has operated flawlessly with zero issues. As a side note, Canon techs are extremely awesome.

I cannot stress enough that this lens operates like new and looks almost like new (with the exception of the lens hood collar which shows some scratches and abrasions). I put up the history just for full disclosure, but I would say 4 years of flawless performance (since the work was done) is tried and tested enough. Any possible issue would have cropped up long ago.

Price is $950 Paypaled + FREE SHIP. Or local pickup from 91711.
DROP TO $925!!!
DROP TO $900!!!
If interested I have a B+W 010 UV HAZE Filter that I can include for $25 (glass is clean but shows brassing on the metal).

OSOH18NJ9eKZhCAp3iNtILB6-2GIKjmmS5oEUtr1wB8=w728-h298-no

9UJwL-HsHYdp8AnJEASurlueWRsI9nNcfQphhANPn6w=w728-h1050-no

Po-1b1wgsGsNtuTlUkLff1bgVURmO_PZcNQy9oNzTsc=w728-h599-no

Photographer-%2BJeremiah%2BBostwick__150415__MG_0565.jpg

Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
Price: SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

This particular copy is super sharp and focuses nice and quick (and virtually silent), even on my 5D2 which has notoriously slow focusing.

It comes with everything as seen in the pictures, like new. Including:

Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
Upgraded Canon Pinch Cap
Canon Rear Cap
Lens Hood
Soft Bag
Tripod Collar
Registration Card
Guide

Although not pictured, all of the original packing materials are also included, including the styrofoam inserts and the plastic bag that goes around the lens.

The item will be double boxed (the original box, plus another box). And pushed into shipping peanuts ensuring no voids.

Barrel is nice and clean save for a few extremely minor finish marks that are only visible under the highest scrutiny (see pictures). Front and rear glass is clean. It has had a B+W UV Haze filter on it the entire time I've owned it (not included). No haze, fungus, or other internal issues. For the extra discerning, there are two extremely small dust specs inside, that are not visible in pictures, nor do they affect image quality in any way. Minor wear on the lens mount (which is normal).

History: This was purchased from another user on FM and has served me very well. If I had the money to keep this lens and pickup the other lenses I'm trying to get, I wouldn't sell it.

Price is SOLD SOLD SOLD
If interested I have a B+W 010 UV HAZE Filter that I can include for $25 (glass is clean but shows brassing on the metal).

Last edited:
Bump for a fellow murderer :) always shooting people

I have both of these lenses as well and they are about the best you'll get if you have canon cameras.Only other ones to ever get beyond these two really would be the nifty 50 and a very wide angle lens if you plan on scapes.

The Sigma 50mm 1.4, a 10-22 for wide or a 16-35, a fisheye for fun, tiltshift for funky landscape shots. But I digress. These are both outstanding lenses.

Yes I too love the 70-200. Couldn't do it now or my better half would have my ears :)

Bumper skates!

EDIT: Your forums time is clearly different than my time on my computer. Please forgive the slight quick bump of 2 minutes. (Says 4:22 on my machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back