Cannot get super sampling working on Rift cv1, please help

smodtactical

Limp Gawd
I am using the latest version of oculus tray tool (0.70.1), running as admin on an admin account. I try setting super sampling to 1.5 before starting any programs or oculus home/apps. Then I run Elite Dangerous in Steam VR and its totally unchanged.

I also tried to make a specific profile for elite dangerous and setting SS to 1.5 and still it does nothing in game. Even using the built in Elite dangerous SS mode and setting it to Ultra does nothing. It also doesn't change the image quality of oculus home.

Please help to get it working.

PS. Oculus debug tool doesn't work for me at all (get cannot connect to service/HMD not connected error, even if I have everything running on an admin account and the programs running as admin).

Thanks.

someone said that they had to restart oculus home or the tray tool after changing settings for it to work. author said he would look into it. see if restarting them works for you, could be the same issue.

edit: I see you posted on that thread too ;), not sure if you had seen 2 posts above yours.

Last edited:
Unfortunately tried that and didn't work. Also tried starting tray tool first then home and home first then tray tool.

I just tried OpenVR as well, installed it, then ran the desktop mode via startdesktopmode.bat I think set my application SS to 1.5 and even 2.0 both before ED and while in ED and it did nothing.

I tried 3 different methods now and none change anything. It works for so many people I cannot fathom why it doesn't work for me.

Did you try restarting the Oculus service after making the change in OTT? Do other features like the HUD work?

what about the supersampling in steamvr advanced settings.

SteamVR advanced settings? Ya I think thats Open VR that you have to run before you start steam vr and then an advanced option comes up, I set that to 1.5 and 2.0 and made no difference. Is there another setting built into steam VR thats not open VR?

Did you try restarting the Oculus service after making the change in OTT? Do other features like the HUD work?

Yup tried restarting, didn't work. Hud works and when I set SS to 1.5 or 2.0 it actually shows it as pixeldensity= 1.5 and 2.0 but there is no change at all in image quality or performance.

Try asking about this in the Oculus subreddit. There's a lot of people that post there who mess with this stuff more than I do - including the developer of OTT.

As far as I know Oculus Tray Tool only works with games and apps from the Oculus Store and has no effect on SteamVR titles.

Back