Cannot find the Keyboard that I want... Need Help

FireBean

Gawd
I'm looking for a Brown Switch keyboard that is back-lit and has wrist support. I cannot seem to find any that cost less than $150. Has anyone seen any?

Side Question, Where the hell can you find/buy a damn ducky?

Cool! Thanks!

Now, Should I get a Ducky Shine Keyboard or DAS Keyboard?
Or save a few bucks and get the overclock.net ducky from tanks... Backlit keys are just nice.

Cool! Thanks!

Now, Should I get a Ducky Shine Keyboard or DAS Keyboard?
Or save a few bucks and get the overclock.net ducky from tanks... Backlit keys are just nice.

For me Duckys are every bit as solid and well built as the DAS - only you can get a backlit Ducky for almost the same price as the DAS. I also can't stand the weird top shape of the DAS... I seriously had to take it off my desk because it drove me nuts. They're great boards though.

I personally won't buy from TankGuys just because of the OCN branding - if they want me to advertise for them then they better give me a huge ass discount and not sell the boards for the same price as Tiger. So I say if you want a Ducky order from TigerImports.

I'm sure you will get some other opinions - I find that 'keyboard snobs' are about as varied and ruthless in their opinions as audio snobs. In the end you have to go with whatever feels and looks good to you. :)

Tiger sometimes puts ducky's on sale through amazon as well (which is where I bought mine), was only available in green but I ended up liking green a lot more than I expected. Fantastic board and has media keys and a few other features that I didn't see on many other mech boards when I was researching. It also has the best spacebar of any keyboard I've ever used, mechanical or otherwise - it has equal resistance and feel regardless of where it is pressed. I've used an old DAS and a new rosewill MX and neither have as solid of a spacebar.

FYI if your computer is in the same room that you sleep, the ducky will keep you up at night. The 1x repeat and numlock keys stay on even when the computer is off (in ps/2 mode) and two LED's are bright enough to illuminate my room. Nevermind if you forget to turn off the backlighting on the rest of the keys it's like a Christmas tree :D

Back