Cannot detect wired/wireless laptop

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
Information:
Most of my house is on a wired network which consists of three computers + an xbox. My router's (DI-524) wireless mode was only used for my PSP till I bought my X31 laptop. The laptop has an Intel 2100 minipci card that only supports 802.11b. The router has also been set to accept both b and g types. It uses WPA security.

Problem:
The Intel 2100 works perfectly in every aspect yet I cannot get it, nor my PCs, to detect it on my home network. It was fine for week one but then I must've changed a setting and have had no luck since (I have also reformatted after the matter). I also tried a wired setup to no avail. Out of my three wired computers, two have Vista and one has XP. My laptop has XP as well. I have tried both Windows' own wireless program and am currently using IBM's Access Connections. Like I've stated previously, everything works fine except it simply won't detect.

Thank you for any help. If any more information is required please let me know, I am sure I forgot some tidbits.

edit: found the cause, to a degree. I have none of these problems on my IBM partition so I must be missing a certain driver though I have no clue what. I have already updated all my drivers and IBM's software downloader picks up no new items other than PC Doctor 5.

make sure the wireless is turned on on the desktops and laptops, most people forget about this. on the laptop there should be a switch somewhere.

make sure the wireless is turned on on the desktops and laptops, most people forget about this. on the laptop there should be a switch somewhere.

Thanks for replying.

My PCs are wired and can all detect each other except the laptop (both wired and wireless). The laptop already works fine browsing the web and has no trouble connecting to my router.

Back