Cannot choose domain users when editing share properties

Blitzrommel

2[H]4U
In active directory, I published some shares to my fileserver on the network (which is also in the domain). Works great when searching (yes, there's a lot!) but when I am editing the permissions, I cannot specify anything for domain-related users. (Clicking on the security tab and trying to load groups and users from the domain. I can only see groups and users from the local computer.)

Domain controller is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, and the fileserver in question is using Server 2003 Web Edition.

You should have a button called "Locations" on the upper right on the security tab, click that, then select your domain. Click ok.

Then it is not on the domain. Join it to the domain.

And it may say it is in the domain, but take it out and rejoin it.

Don't mess with removing and adding the system to the AD...yet. Check your DNS server on the client (ipconfig/all) that's having problems. If AD is installed with integrated DNS, you MUST point the client to the AD's DNS server for things to work properly.

Originally posted by PrincessDie
Don't mess with removing and adding the system to the AD...yet. Check your DNS server on the client (ipconfig/all) that's having problems. If AD is installed with integrated DNS, you MUST point the client to the AD's DNS server for things to work properly.

teh winnar!

The server was using the wrong DNS server. I pointed it to the correct DNS server and all is good.

Back