Cannot boot into BIOS

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
I just installed a 2700X into my Crosshair VI. Issue I am having is I cannot see the BIOS when I boot, my screen is blank. I know I'm into the BIOS, because if I hit F10, then enter, my system will boot into windows. When I do boot to windows, the first thing I see is the windows boot screen. When I had my 1700 installed, I would see the ROG splash screen before the windows screen.

I tried clearing the CMOS, but I get the same issue.

I have the latest BIOS installed.

Thoughts or suggestions?

your monitor is being picky with the bios's res/refresh rate, try another connector or monitor.

I just installed a 2700X into my Crosshair VI. Issue I am having is I cannot see the BIOS when I boot, my screen is blank. I know I'm into the BIOS, because if I hit F10, then enter, my system will boot into windows. When I do boot to windows, the first thing I see is the windows boot screen. When I had my 1700 installed, I would see the ROG splash screen before the windows screen.

I tried clearing the CMOS, but I get the same issue.

I have the latest BIOS installed.

Thoughts or suggestions?
Did you update the BIOS to latest before you installed the 2700X?

I'll give my second display port a try. If this is the issue, wouldn't I have the same problem with my old cpu?
yeah prob... only time ive seen it happen is with a res/ref mismatch. the bios update may have changed the res/ref.

Back