Cannot backup HL2 on Steam.

zapian_

Weaksauce
Just got done downloading through Steam (7hours on cable) :rolleyes: . I played for awhile and everything ran smoothly. However, when i try to backup the game i get this error...

error10.jpg

I clicked on Properties and it's 100% downloaded. Any suggestion?

-Thanks

did you restart steam ? try that, before I had that problem when trying to back it up and i restarted my whole computer actually and it came right up.

Thanks, tried restarting few times and I even turned off my computer for 30mins to eat but I still get the same error. Oh well, maybe ill just manually create a backup. :(

If you ever get past that problem, I have another warning for you.

Steam DVD Backup is broken.

Why? Well, if you try to back up more than 4.3GB, Steam will error itself and die. Valve thinks that using their uber compression they can cram their entire game library onto one DVD. Of course the CD Backups are fine. 8CDs sounds like a reasonable amount of discs. But ONE DVD, like unless you go out and buy a dual layer DVD+R, 8GB will never fit on one disc.

With that said, use WinRAR. :D

I'm in the middle of preparing an installation program so I can reinstall everything with just one click. :)

Just don't select all the games to backup. Select HL2 only to backup and it should work fine. Then the rest on 2nd DVD.

Back