Cannot apply classic theme or change background image on XP

Ihavebadluck

Weaksauce
This computer had some spyware and I removed all I could through services, msconfig, ad-aware, spybot, cwshredder. But, when I try to change the desktop wallpaper, nothing happens. And, when I try to apply the classic windows theme, it says "unable to load Windows classic.theme..." I looked in Add/Remove windows components and didn't see anything. Any suggestions?

Ihavebadluck said:
This computer had some spyware and I removed all I could through services, msconfig, ad-aware, spybot, cwshredder. But, when I try to change the desktop wallpaper, nothing happens. And, when I try to apply the classic windows theme, it says "unable to load Windows classic.theme..." I looked in Add/Remove windows components and didn't see anything. Any suggestions?

Does it look like or say that Windows is missing the files in order to apply this theme? Try an repair install so that the system can replace all the bad files or you can try to run System Restore to the last known working date.

Well, windows was just reinstalled (I didn't do it), and the files are all there in \windows\resources\themes.

Back