Candy Crush a good game?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I was just invited to play Candy Crush with my loser brothers ex: wife
should I take the bait?

Basically people are addicted to the game but I find it kinda shallow.

GF plays this game a ton. She gets really frustrated with it sometimes, and I can see why...they really design the levels around trying to get you to buy extra lives and moves. The fact that the boards are "random" also makes it stupid, because you could easily get bad luck and have a starting board that makes it nigh impossible to finish without spending money. Basically you just have to try over and over and over and hope for good RNG. Obviously there is some skill involved, but a lot of it is out of your control.

GF plays this game a ton. She gets really frustrated with it sometimes, and I can see why...they really design the levels around trying to get you to buy extra lives and moves. The fact that the boards are "random" also makes it stupid, because you could easily get bad luck and have a starting board that makes it nigh impossible to finish without spending money. Basically you just have to try over and over and over and hope for good RNG. Obviously there is some skill involved, but a lot of it is out of your control.
Yes and no. I beat all the levels without spending a penny. Well... last night they updated the game again, so I'm sitting at 651 because I haven't started the new set yet.

Night Owl levels on the other hand are just retarded. Made it to 202 and decided to quit. :rolleyes:
I haven't played it but my wife sure loves it. She's on level 400.

Good luck... 460-480-ish are the hardest levels in the game. IIRC

Last edited:
Yes and no. I beat all the levels without spending a penny.

Well yeah, you absolutely can, I'm not saying you have to spend money. I'm just saying that you generally have to re-try a level many times (sometimes she gets stuck on a level for weeks) due to bad RNG. It's not so much a problem in a puzzle game like this if you are timed, because then it's based on your own speed and skill, but when you have a set number of moves like Candy Crush often does, there is nothing you can do to control what colors come down from the top. If you don't get what you need there can be no way to complete a level in the given number of moves. Hence why I was saying they really push you to buy moves (which is totally stupid because they only work for that ONE attempt on that ONE level).

Yes and no. I beat all the levels without spending a penny. Well... last night they updated the game again, so I'm sitting at 651 because I haven't started the new set yet.

Night Owl levels on the other hand are just retarded. Made it to 202 and decided to quit. :rolleyes:

Good luck... 460-480-ish are the hardest levels in the game. IIRC

Holy shit, you are like a Candy Crush Genius.

Well yeah, you absolutely can, I'm not saying you have to spend money. I'm just saying that you generally have to re-try a level many times (sometimes she gets stuck on a level for weeks) due to bad RNG. It's not so much a problem in a puzzle game like this if you are timed, because then it's based on your own speed and skill, but when you have a set number of moves like Candy Crush often does, there is nothing you can do to control what colors come down from the top. If you don't get what you need there can be no way to complete a level in the given number of moves. Hence why I was saying they really push you to buy moves (which is totally stupid because they only work for that ONE attempt on that ONE level).
I get what you're saying, and I partially agree with your statement. The way I got into this game is by watching my friends struggle on level 50 or 60. So that peaked my interest, and I decided to give it a shot. Before I knew it, I was way passed the levels my friends were struggling with. From what I've noticed, some of my friends still don't fully understand how to mix different candies. They don't take advantage of the daily booster wheel, and are oblivious to the fact that you can reset the board without sacrificing your lives. If your gf got this far, I'm sure she's aware of all these things, so who knows... maybe she really does have the worst possible luck with this game. :(
Holy shit, you are like a Candy Crush Genius.
I excel in so many things, it comes natural to me :p

If you never pay them any money, can it really be considered support? I guess if you try to encourage others to play it, maybe.

Yes it can, through other means. By downloading it, you're only helping to push the game to the top of the "popular games" category. You're also promoting the discussion of playing the game (a la this thread).

Playing it but never paying is still giving the game considerable legitimacy.

I was just invited to play Candy Crush with my loser brothers ex: wife
should I take the bait?

Basically people are addicted to the game but I find it kinda shallow.

For anyone who would never like to see their wife again, get her this game.:p

From what I've noticed, some of my friends still don't fully understand how to mix different candies. They don't take advantage of the daily booster wheel, and are oblivious to the fact that you can reset the board without sacrificing your lives. If your gf got this far, I'm sure she's aware of all these things, so who knows... maybe she really does have the worst possible luck with this game. :(

She does know how to mix, but I'm not sure if she knows about the daily wheel and resets, actually, so thanks for the tip. I don't think she's nearly as far as you are, but she's been playing it for quite awhile.

Of course, you know how she plays it? Confiscating my smartphone, since she doesn't have one. I really need to get a tablet, or get her a smartphone... :(

EDIT: Oh, you can only reset the board before you make any moves. I guess that helps with the starting board but doesn't really help with the RNG beyond that.

If you have to ask if a game is fun without trying it first then I doubt you would want to play it in real life.

She does know how to mix, but I'm not sure if she knows about the daily wheel and resets, actually, so thanks for the tip. I don't think she's nearly as far as you are, but she's been playing it for quite awhile.

Of course, you know how she plays it? Confiscating my smartphone, since she doesn't have one. I really need to get a tablet, or get her a smartphone... :(

EDIT: Oh, you can only reset the board before you make any moves. I guess that helps with the starting board but doesn't really help with the RNG beyond that.

Yeah, you can only reset the board before any moves, but a good start is sometimes all that is needed.

Booster wheel is on the left:

i-N5ZZJFb-XL.png

Bonuses stack up, and then before each level you can pick up to three boosters to help you with the level:

i-Wpw4k6M-XL.png

Ah, yeah, actually I think she does do the booster thing. Not 100% sure since I don't play it (or watch her play it most of the time).

It amazes me that this game is still alive and by all accounts, extremely well. You would imagine everyone would be totally hating on it by now.

I gave up and quit somewhere around 400+ or so (perhaps somewhere between 460 and 480) because I was convinced the game was rigged and would purposely leave me short of one more move to win or something stupid like that, forcing me to spend money.

I was convinced the game was rigged and would purposely leave me short of one more move to win or something stupid like that, forcing me to spend money.

It certainly does seem that way sometimes. Can't count the number of times when my GF was one or two moves away, and if she had paid she would have finished it, but she doesn't because paying for this game is...ugh.

It’s an ok time waster but I got sick of it by level 65. Like most pointed out Bejeweled is just much better game. It’s not designed to take your money with microtransations.

Yeah, play Bejeweled instead of this stupid game. If you can, play Puzzle Quest, it is a way better game. It's basically Bejeweled with RPG flavors.

I played it for about 30 minutes and was bored out of mind, if people are having a good time playing it more power to them. As someone who has been playing WoW for years, I have no room to talk when it comes making claims about wasting time.

HA! no. If you insist on playing find a hacked apk with unlimited currency cheat. Otherwise it's built from the ground up to be pay to win.

Back