Canadians Love The Internet 17% More Than Americans

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to market research, Canadians spend 17% more time on the internet than Americans.

The Canadian total is about 17 per cent more than the average 38.6 hours Americans were online this past December, and about 28 per cent more than the average in the U.K. Contributing to the long hours Canadians spent online was a significant jump in social media usage, which was up 32 per cent.

Us Canucks have more than just the cold for going online more than Americans...

There's also the tax and the ridiculous price we pay on everything comparing to US! Our dollar is trading stronger than the USD too, making many things here Norwegian (over)priced. The cost of living makes Canada the largest nordic country...

Bandwidth caps are some of the worst in the world.

Pretty much. Bell recently told me that the base-level cap for their new service was 25GB/month, and that's for their highest-speed service available.

I didn't read that anywhere in the article. :confused:

I'm sure he was implying that because more time is spent on the internet, there must be less employment.

You know what's cool about teasing Canada? It's like teasing your little brother. We (U.S) can do it but if anybody else does, we'll kick they're arse.

My Canadian cap is 400GB per month on a 50mb/s connection. That's far more than I ever even come close to using.

thats because most americans think the internet is just facebook and twitter.

Funny part is 90%+ of the websites they are browsing while online are likely located in the US.

True Rogers has a soft cap, but it is essentially unlimited if you don't mind paying an extra $50. But, by that point it is hitting $140/ month total for myself, so the price sucks.

We have the worst caps? Try western Canada. I've got 400 GB. Can go to 1 TB ans unlimited.

We have the worst caps? Try western Canada. I've got 400 GB. Can go to 1 TB ans unlimited.

Roommate and I got Telus Optik and the technician installing said that they currently can't tell between TV and Internet bandwidth so they don't have a cap for it yet. And he did say 'yet' because they are working on the "problem."

Roommate and I got Telus Optik and the technician installing said that they currently can't tell between TV and Internet bandwidth so they don't have a cap for it yet. And he did say 'yet' because they are working on the "problem."

Telus is awesome, they always say there's a cap but really there isn't and/or they aren't monitoring it. They've been saying this since they first offered DSL.

Not surprised in the slightest. I would be on the internet more often if it was neck deep in snow outside too. OH and, holy hell I remembered this account.....

It definitely can get too cold outside to do anything else! Except browse the interweb.

Have you been to Canada?

It's FUCKING COLD OUTSIDE.

Well, except when it isn't but then you can't go anywhere because everything is being rebuilt to survive next winter.

I am in Western Canada and have 400GB cap. Can get more than that too if I pay more. I guess a lot of people don't know that Shaw now has 50mb/s, 100mb/s, 250mb/s connections with a lot higher cap now. The 250mb/s connection has a 1TB cap.

http://www.shaw.ca/Internet/

Staying warm with one hand on the mouse and the other hand doing repetition exercises.

Back