Can you use a Athlon 64 3000+ on a Nforce 2 mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catsonar

[H]ard|Gawd
In my case the mobo that i have is the NF7-S v2.0, i heard aboout this in another thread that i had started in the AMD Forum, and this person had made this comment. I just want to know if this is true or what. Cause if it is i'll be jumping on my computer and buying Athlon 64 in a jip.:eek:

No.
Socket A has 462 pins and Socket 754 has 754 pins.
The Athlon XP requires and external memory controller, the Athlon 64 has one on the die.
They are completely incompatible.

its a totally different socket isnt it?... ive never really checked, im too broke to get one anyway.

edit-im too slow:rolleyes: :mad:

I just wanted to update this thread and let you know that I got another motherboard in order to run the Athlon 64 3000+. Boy did it suck at Overclocking. Thanks for the advice though.

seeing the "I'm too broke to get one" and talking about an Athlon 64 3000+ was a blast from the past...

Hard to believe its already been a decade since AMD wow'd the enthusiast space with Athlon. I was a strapping young lad back then... Or a poor dork depending on your perspective. :)

We all were....once. Now I'm about to be 30 :( and AMD is not what they used to be. I've actually moved on to Apple. Young me would have slapped older me for doing that. LOL

World record necro thread.

Why use apple because AMD has went down the toilet? Just go Intel which is in your apple anyways.

I use Apple because of work and on my off time I tune cars, so I load a second Windows partition via Bootcamp and wala! It wasn't cause of AMD.

Thanks for the update, Catsonar! Everyone has been chomping at the bit for the better part of a decade to find out what you had decided on. :p

Oh, and holy shit thread necro this sucker predates lead tent.

Oh how quaint...I remember my Athlon 64 3000+. Its dead, just like this 9 year old thread should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back