can you mine on a gpu that has artifact

idk what to say

Weaksauce
i still didnt buy it, this is how it looks do see that it says 0 mb of vram
1627027668454.png

1627027685497.png
1627027698908.png
1627027735464.png

I'd give it a go. I had a 280x that was a solid mining card that had tons of artifacting/gaming issues.

Unless he selling it to you for $1 don't bother. It probably on its last legs.

This card specifically ain't gonna do anything, especially mining. For one, in Device Manager, it shows as having a problem. For another, it shows as having 0MB VRAM.

Normally for regular memory defects you can crank the voltage abit and get them stable in mining. That there looks like it has some other issues.

The symptoms the card has makes it look like there's a failed BGA joint under the GPU ASIC.

Could try flooding the ASIC with flux and hot air reworking it. Sometimes you get lucky with the crappy ROHS solder and it'll stay working, other times you'll have to remove the ASIC, reball it and reflow it.

Definitely in no way would pay $150 for a broken card like that. Maybe $50 if that.

It would take two seconds for this person to open a mining program and show you it working.

BTW you could forget about RMA, because mining voids your warranty, the EULA specifically says that. Plus this specific card looked like not only it was used to mine crypto (that would be obvious), but that it was used to mine coal, serving as a shovel blade on a wooden shaft. The manufacturer would have laughed you out of the door when asked for RMA.

BTW you could forget about RMA, because mining voids your warranty, the EULA specifically says that. Plus this specific card looked like not only it was used to mine crypto (that would be obvious), but that it was used to mine coal, serving as a shovel blade on a wooden shaft. The manufacturer would have laughed you out of the door when asked for RMA.
hahaha gigabyte has a reputation of having bad rma anyways

There is no way for any manufacturer to tell if a card has been mined to death. Outside of a manufacturer being dicks there would be no reason to rejected his RMA.

Back