Can you identify this graphic artifact in DOOM?

Pkirk618

Supreme [H]ardness
Sorry guys, I don't know how to get help for this because I don't know what to call this problem in DOOM. If you look closely you can see like white stitching on the ground in the map. I get this occasionally in ghost wildlands on the roads.

looks like a texture stitching problem. check the game files via steam or whatever. then...
any oc on the gpu? if so, back it down a tad. if not, try bumping the voltage a tad.

When I turn down anisotropic filtering it gets rid of the problem in GR wildlands but that seems like a bandaid. I'm using an MSI vega 56, not overclocked atm.

When I turn down anisotropic filtering it gets rid of the problem in GR wildlands but that seems like a bandaid. I'm using an MSI vega 56, not overclocked atm.
Does AMD have sample optimization for anisotropic filtering like NVIDIA does? Or any setting that is supposed to increase performance when using anisotropic filtering? I would turn those off if there are. Maybe try forcing 16x anisotropic filtering in the drivers.

No sample optimization that I can see (now) but I'll do a search to make sure.

as for forcing 16x in AMDs settings, I get the same results when on and when off -- meaning the artifacts go away when off. This assuming I understood you when you said go into the drivers.

I'm doing my OS to r/o

Have you tried using Anti-Aliasing?

Seems like the seams between chunks of the map are very pronounced and showing up as hard aliased edges.

Doesn't appear to be a texture issue to me.

Back