Can you guys post photos of your 40" and 49" displays at 4K ?

StormClaw

Gawd
I'm really looking for a larger screen as current PC monitors are too small for me. At 3800 x 1444 things on the screen are too small for me to see (i have to strain eyes or sit close. I don't want to use scaling cause it's glitchy and sucks).

So I want a bigger display area and run it at 4K and still have big enough items/text that would be easy on my eyes.

For those of you who's got 40" / 49" Tvs running at 4k, i'd really appreciate if you posted photos. I'm interested to see how big/small desktop items / forum text is.

Thank is advance!

Storm, I saw you got a few replies over on the show your display forum. I'm interested in this too. Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on this question.

Can anyone who's using a 49" 4K tv as their primary monitor comment on the sharpness of the text? Most folks who post pic of their big 4K tv setup are normally demonstrating games and not the ability of the big 4k tv to serve primarily as a desktop display?
Secondly is it worth getting the curved screen? Thanks so much

Text on my 49KS8000 is as clear as my Dell u2713hm. No issues with Windows 10 scaling either. I sent StormClaw a pic of text/icons but he has yet to respond. Anyway, expect no issues with a 49KS8000.

I posted a couple pics on the last page in the Display thread. Still might be the last entry.

I tried a 40" Samsung with 4K, but it caused too much eyestrain from squinting. Jumped to a 49" and am very pleased.

a 40" 4K would be equivalent to a 20" 1080p monitor, higher dpi and smaller text and icons. (110dpi)

A 49" 4K would be equivalent to a 24.5" 1080p monitor, standard dpi. (90 dpi)

A 55" 4K would be equivalent to a 27.5" 1080p monitor, lower dpi and larger text and icons. (80 dpi)

Basically, if you want 4K and icons to look "bigger than normal", go at least 55".

BTW, I have a 1080p projector with 120" screen, that's good for a glorious 18dpi. :D

Icons are huuuuuge!

Guys, Thanks alot for the information on the bigger screens. Sounds like 49" is a great place to start. Appreciate everyone taking the time to reply

@ Commander Shepard - So are you satisfied with the decision to go with the curved screen? No regrets? downsides? Thanks

@ Commander Shepard - So are you satisfied with the decision to go with the curved screen? No regrets? downsides? Thanks
Oh yes!! I love the curved screen. It has a kind of wrap around effect that really works well for sitting at your PC. I still prefer flat for TV viewing, but always will choose curved for my computer now that I've tried it.

Back