Can you combine speaker sets using a surround soundcard?

RomanMtz

Gawd
Hello everyone… I had a little question maybe you guys could answer for me…

I have a set of Logitech z-5300 5.1 speakers that are starting to die. The two front satellites are starting to crackle and it really gets annoying sometimes. I was wondering if I could lets say, buy a good pair of 2.1 speakers (Logitech z-2300 or klipsch 2.1’s) and hook those up to the front stereo plug (normally the green one) of my X-FI and then plug the center/sub and back plugs with the z-5300 normally. So I can get good front 2.1 and still have complete 5.1 surround (even though I would have to use the z5300’s sub).

Thinking about it it sounds like it would work, but am I forgetting something? Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, well, kinda, you could get a 2.1 set and just use the satelites and just plug them into the Z-5300 sub, and that "should" work. Or, you could plug in the 2.1 set into the greenslot in your computer and have like somewhat of a 5.2 settup, with 2 subs, whitch "MIGHT" sound good, it would probly sound really good if it was they were the same subs, but idk, you could try.........just try and see what you like better!

they do actually make 2.0 sets still. I don't see why you couldn't use a 2.1 set and a 2.0 set in a 4.1 config.

yeah you could do that. i do the same with my set up. got altecs for the front. got another altec for center and a sony hifi for the rears. works perfectly for 5.1.

So I was thinking of getting a Klipsch 2.0 set to put on the front channel and keep my center/sub and rears from the z-5300... what do you guys think of that setup?

What about a Klipsch 2.1 setup? If I wanted to integrate that into the fron channel would I have to end up using 2 subs? Or can I somehow rig it so that the center/sub channel uses the Klipsch sub (which I've hear dis better than the z-5300´s sub).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Back