can you buy CC extension cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you buy extension wires for the wire that goes from the bulb to the inverter? I need a little bit longer of one to reach from the top of my case down to my inverter.

i have never seen them sold.

it would probably be much easier if you splice and extend the wire. cheap solution and CC's are cheap anyway. just make sure you cover the bare wires well.

Extending the wire from the tube to the inverter can cause the tube to only partially light up. You can extend it a little, but only do it as much as you need.

after u extended them make sure u dont put them together in heat shrink or any thing keep the joints where u extended the wires in thier own seperate heat shrink or tape or whatever and you should have no problem extending them theres another thread on here somewhere i cant remebre where that explains it alot better than i can but if u heatshrink or tape them together even with no electrical connection between the joints you will still have problems it has to do with the capatance between the wires when they are to close

Check Frozencpu.com... I've bought some from them before. I've used them several times and have never seen my CC "to partially light up", but then again I've only used extension cables, never tried splicing them.

Here ya go...... http://www.frozencpu.com/lit-63.html

zacrobmer said:
Check Frozencpu.com... I've bought some from them before. I've used them several times and have never seen my CC "to partially light up", but then again I've only used extension cables, never tried splicing them.

Here ya go...... http://www.frozencpu.com/lit-63.html
sweet, they exist. this will make some of my future projects a breeze. thanks.

potskie05 said:
after u extended them make sure u dont put them together in heat shrink or any thing keep the joints where u extended the wires in thier own seperate heat shrink or tape or whatever and you should have no problem extending them theres another thread on here somewhere i cant remebre where that explains it alot better than i can but if u heatshrink or tape them together even with no electrical connection between the joints you will still have problems it has to do with the capatance between the wires when they are to close
I'm sure there is some useful information in there, but I'll be damned if I can read far enough to find it.

sweet, thanks guys. Now i don't have to put two inverters and two switches in my case for each light

Edit by mashie - no need for two identical threads, this will remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back