Can you boot windows from a USB drive?

Kurak

Limp Gawd
Scenario:

I want to install OS X on my main hard drive. In order to do this, all the data on the drive will be wiped. I have an ipod, I want to boot windows from the ipod and run the necessary steps to install OS x from the ipod. Possible?

well when windoze boots up it reinitializes the usb ports, so it would stop loading at that time, i believe there is a "hack" out there to change that, not sure though

why not just use a duel boot system? osx and windows on same drive. when computer boots it gives you a choice which operating system to use. 1 for osx 2 of windows.

Scenario:

I want to install OS X on my main hard drive. In order to do this, all the data on the drive will be wiped. I have an ipod, I want to boot windows from the ipod and run the necessary steps to install OS x from the ipod. Possible?
I'm assuming you are doing this on a mac? Why not just use boot camp? If you are not doing this on a mac, then it is illegal to put osx on pc because you have to hack the os, btw it doesn't work that great even with the hacks. And you don't need windows at all to install osx. Your post is a little confusing, it sounds like you think you need windows to install osx, so you want to put it on an ipod so you can install osx on your main hard drive?

Ugh, no.

Ok, it turns out my laptop died, plus the bios didn't recognize USB drives anyhow.

But no, you can run OS X natively on a PC, since OS X is designed for an X86 cpu now. It just takes some "creativity".

Back