Can you believe CSS is older than CS was when CSS was released?

Ryan711

[H]ard|Gawd
CS was ~5 years old when CSS came out, and CSS is approaching it's 6th year. Can't believe it's been that long. Valve needs to shake a leg with ep3 so they can build a new engine that rapes my pc and make hl3 and cs2.

Current Players Peak Today |||||||||||Game

20,352 |||||||||||||||||86,538|||||||||||||| Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
16,705 ||||||||||||||||||85,745||||||||||||| Counter-Strike: Source

neck and neck CSS is catching up!

Yep, I still play it, its the ultimate time killer when waiting for new game.

I usually play on East Coast Guardians.

Usually play Day of Defeat: Source, I'll have to give CSS a try. Right now, playing Dark Age of Camelot is pretty interesting, and it's going into year nine, I believe. New does not equal good.

that is crazy, i remember buying something or other that I didn't really want to get into the CSS beta. I was just jumping on garbage cans in empty servers amazed at the physics and stuff. I still think CS / CSS is the single best game of all time, even though i don't play it any more really.

Sigh I just watched a video of people playing duck duck goose in a CSS server. There is something seriously wrong with me.

I play CSS Gungame every day or every other day for an hour or so.

Agreed, 1.6 is much better than source, don't know why they decided to break it :(

http://cspromod.com/

Mod thats gaining popularity. Source Graphical engine on top of CS 1.6 gameplay and network.

The objective of CSPromod is to improve the graphical quality, feature set, and spectatorship of Counter-Strike, while preserving the title’s beloved gameplay, and in doing so provide community with the assurance of unlimited gameplay longevity. We view CSPromod as a resource for the community, its professional teams, event organizers, and media. For a long time, all of these entities have voiced their opinions, desires, ideas, and goals about the future of professional Counter-Strike; and for just as long of a time, they have been limited by the constraints of the very same game which brought them all together in the first place. Therefore, we strive to present the most competitive, enthralling, visually satisfying – and most importantly – customizable version of Counter-Strike ever created. We view this project as the community’s own to tweak, polish, and grow. We hope that the community views it in the same vein.

I played it a bit recently, most of the people playing right now are Pros so it's pretty difficult.

I still play CSS regularly. Not like I used to back in the day but CSS is still one of the best online FPS games. I may have to check out that CSPromod though. CSS graphics with 1.6 hit boxes would be impressive. ;)

One thing I can't stand is how Valve has been pawning off games on the - long outdated - Source engine. But besides that, I can still remember playing the CSS beta when it was first released. Good days those were when the original CS was the only thing around. I still sometimes get together with buddies at cybercafes for some 1.6 fun.

always fun to play, but gungame and deathmatch i am so sick of dust2 and office only servers also.

as for MW2 and cs:s being close, it is because the people are getting tired of playing on servers filled with hackers.

I equally enjoyed CS and CS:S. I never took it so seriously that I couldn't make the transition to the new engine and, to me, the gameplay was intact.

I loved DoD and probably put more time into that game than anything until WoW (but that's a whole nother story). For me, the gameplay changed so significantly after 3.1b that I had a hard time sticking with it. I stilled played the retail version (1.x) and played DoD:S but it was never quite the same.

I'd love to see a DoD:S2 which I think would be much easier to pull off than a CS:S2. New maps, iron sights, more weapons (like beta 3.1b).

I loved DoD and probably put more time into that game than anything until WoW (but that's a whole nother story). For me, the gameplay changed so significantly after 3.1b that I had a hard time sticking with it. I stilled played the retail version (1.x) and played DoD:S but it was never quite the same.
Day of Defeat kind of lost its luster for me after beta 2 came out, but I remember loving the game a whole lot when it was 1.2b and 1.3b. I would play for hours on end.

Y'all cant forget TF2... That game is a blast, and Valve keeps on adding free DLC. One thing I do miss when playing games like MW2 and BC2 is how accurate the positioning/movement is in the source engine. In other games jumping doesn't feel real, and you never know quite where you're going to land. I don't know why, but Source games just feel better when moving around. Am I alone in this?

DoD was my game of choice as well. I actually ended up doing a few leagues and stuff before I quit that game.

yea.. i bought css 5 years ago.... for 20 bucks in stores... lol... she's gettin to be really old.

Back