Can WoW's expansion un-do damage Burning Crusade did to it?

Gettng a little off topic. Football vs Raiding lol?

Nerds vs Jocks Apples verses Oranges pointless debate.

I could say that the best raid guild worldwide requires more mental coordination than the number 1 football team. These nerds analizing every math poloygon possibility like Nihilum and Death and Taxes who have stayed #1 raid guild for years it's crazy shit. It's an Art, it's not trivial like a few have tried to claim.

Football overall is more difficult, since you have to lift weights 27 hours a day to obtain a strength advantage, it's harder for a different reason.

Ninja Gaiden is also a bunch of scripted encounters. It doesn't mean the game is easy. Getting 24 of the right people together on and working on these end game encounters is certainly not easy. And goddamn M'uru is a bitch.

free epics for noobs

I always read this on the WoW forums, that and the talk of how "epics were epic" back then... and I have to think to myself... what server did these people play on? I am pretty casual and I had alts I didn't even really care about in ZG/MC/Ony epics pre-TBC and managed to see a reasonable portion of Nax. It is just a game, it never was really hard, nor was it suppose to be.

Though I do agree that the arena is pretty lame. Not because of the loot it gives, but just because pillar humping with the lamest possible group composition / spec is :( Luckily I am more of a PvE player, so it doesn't impact me too much.

Were you thinking when you posted this? It's the exact opposite of what I meant.

And i was not quoting you either. I was quoting some other person. My point was that WoW raiding is a team activity just like football. Everybody has to know their part and do it, or no matter how skilled the individuals, you will fail as a group.

I've seen this so many times both online and in RL. And not just WoW either, FPS, RTS's, you name it. If there is a team aspect to the game, then the people playing HAVE to play as a team or they will fail. Heck, i've been on engineering projects where the individual engineers were brilliant, but they could NOT work together at all, and thus the project went overbudget and we ended up having to bring in alternate engineers just to get the damn project finished.

And THAT definitely takes more skill that playing football or WoW. But the principle is the same.

Gettng a little off topic. Football vs Raiding lol?

Nerds vs Jocks Apples verses Oranges pointless debate.

I could say that the best raid guild worldwide requires more mental coordination than the number 1 football team. These nerds analizing every math poloygon possibility like Nihilum and Death and Taxes who have stayed #1 raid guild for years it's crazy shit. It's an Art, it's not trivial like a few have tried to claim.

Football overall is more difficult, since you have to lift weights 27 hours a day to obtain a strength advantage, it's harder for a different reason.

WAIT A SECOND

Are we talking high school football or NFL level?

On an NFL level team I can guarantee all the things you need to know, the plays the optional routes, blocking, stunts, defensive or offensive shifts are far harder and more in depth then any boss in WoW.

This isn't even a question football is a full time and then some job. The only time you get off is during the off-season. You have to practice, review film, weight train, run, practice, etc.

When it comes down to it, content will be nerfed. Football teams won't be.

Football is by far more mentally and physically challenging then raiding. I was in one of those guilds you talk about (top 50 US). It still had alot of retarded players.

Who would have thought this thread would derail completely into a raiding vs real life debate? :rolleyes:

Who would have thought this thread would derail completely into a raiding vs real life debate? :rolleyes:

Some people are against WoW so much it's rediculous.
"My friend stopped hanging out with me to play WoW.... I hate WoW!"
Shit like that non-stop. People can't help but come in and shit on every WoW thread saying theyre wasting their lives :rolleyes:

Wow is a timesink, but it definitely saves me a large amount of money.

Once again were to the point of what is the purpose of a game? I'm pretty damn sure entertainment is meant to occupy you in a fun way. If you enjoy WoW, its good that it is a timesink...

Plus, $15/mo is pretty cheap for most people getting over 20+ days of play time out of it. Thats cheap entertainment.

"My friend stopped hanging out with me to play WoW.... I hate WoW!"
Shit like that non-stop. People can't help but come in and shit on every WoW thread saying theyre wasting their lives :rolleyes:

Well you can't exactly type /played into your tv.

Once again were to the point of what is the purpose of a game? I'm pretty damn sure entertainment is meant to occupy you in a fun way. If you enjoy WoW, its good that it is a timesink...

Plus, $15/mo is pretty cheap for most people getting over 20+ days of play time out of it. Thats cheap entertainment.

I've gotten wayyyyyy more than that out of it. I'm currently at ~3500 hrs? On top of that, I have 2 accts :(.

Well you can't exactly type /played into your tv.

This is/was my point to my wife. How many nights have I spent staring at the TV for 4-6 hours. How many times have I complained "There's nothing on!".

Now, this is the part where someone says "Go out and do something productive, blah blah blah". That isn't always as easy as people like to make it out to be, especially with kids (which I have). On top of that, generally going out and doing something productive usually equals money being spent.

I've gotten wayyyyyy more than that out of it. I'm currently at ~3500 hrs? On top of that, I have 2 accts :(.

This is/was my point to my wife. How many nights have I spent staring at the TV for 4-6 hours. How many times have I complained "There's nothing on!".

Now, this is the part where someone says "Go out and do something productive, blah blah blah". That isn't always as easy as people like to make it out to be, especially with kids (which I have). On top of that, generally going out and doing something productive usually equals money being spent.
4-6 hours of TV? Fuck, I hope you don't allow your kids to think that that's normal.

Its been like that for years. I work with countless people that have never seen, played, or really heard of WOW, but they make fun of people that play it because they saw South Park or think their lives are infinitely more interesting. Keep in mind all these people are hardcore alcoholics that spend every free minute drunk and puking, then spend every Monday talking about how interesting their blackout weekend was. Meanwhile I save money, remember what I was doing, and moderate my drinking to a social level.. (I play WOW)

Don't expect that to ever change, you'll always have jocks and non-jocks, the non-jocks usually end up with more interesting lives in the long run (from experience).

that druid solo took a while, that duo with the paladin took a minute, big difference.

Point of the video was to show off a bug that caused onyxia to die faster then most elites.

My problem with WoW is a simple one: the game is still not balanced. The game was released in 2004 and was never balanced BEFORE the first expansion. We are going into the second expansion and it's STILL not balanced.

My theory is Blizzard does this to keep people playing. When a new patch is released and a new "flavor of the month" class becomes insanely over powered, players drop what they are doing with the previous class and start on a new one.

4-6 hours of TV? Fuck, I hope you don't allow your kids to think that that's normal.

Well, I guess i could go out to the bars WOOOOOOOO ROCK AND ROLL DRUNK AND PUKE.

I was exaggerating, but take a poll of how much TV you might actually watch in a year. You'll probably be surprised at the results.

annnnnnd in before "i don't own a tv" "I don't watch much tv" "i don't have cable". Whatever. Find another task that you do repetitively and apply it.

My point still stands that after dinner (approximately 6) there isn't much to do that's low-cost on a consistent basis (especially with kids). There are *some* things you can do, but most of those are dependent on weather and area climate.

All this talk about WoW made me go out and buy a copy of it again (I used to have it, played to 60 way back when, bought the first epic mount, yadda yadda yadda, quit, deleted my toons, can't remember my account name or which email I used, ah well).

Anyway, 713 MB patch download made me a sad panda. Will start playing again tomorrow, prolly tauren or gnome, and head to the TBC starter cities for easy uber gear for noobs quests! Wheee.....

Back