can windows 8 survive with only OEM sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
However OEM sales are to businesses, and they aren't buying Windows 8, heck they have only just completed testing compatibility with 7 and rolled it out. I can't see businesses buying 8 anytime soon, which will hurt OEM sales, just like the rejection of Vista did.

It's interesting that people point to vista in that fashion. Considering 7 was just Vista with a fresh coat of paint for the most part. Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened with 8, everyone hates on 8, 9 comes out with some minor GUI tweaks, everyone acts like it's the best thing since sliced bread.. people talk of Windows being like Star Trek (with the every other version being better), but in Windows this seems to coincide with big changes followed by smaller changes that are much more appreciated, seems to me people just loathe the notion of being computer user guinea pigs, but not the tech itself.

However OEM sales are to businesses, and they aren't buying Windows 8, heck they have only just completed testing compatibility with 7 and rolled it out. I can't see businesses buying 8 anytime soon, which will hurt OEM sales, just like the rejection of Vista did.

Big companies don't buy OEM, they do volume license.

Its far too soon to expect business/enterprise to pick up Win8/Server2012.

Why didn't you just add this to the other thread you created a few hours before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back