Can we do something about this fanboy mob mentality in gaming please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disposed

Supreme [H]ardness
Its a downward trend thats been going on for some time now. You can have a back and forth discussion about pretty much anything on this forum discussing both pros and cons but if you step into the gaming forum especially a thread about MMOs and dare say anything negative you are flamed, trolled and ganged up on by the hordes of fanboys.

You say anything negative about a game you are labeled a troll and in turned trolled.

Its really sick and the mods do absolutely nothing about it.

There was a discussion in the GW2 thread for example, where there was some back and forth discussion and one member decided to tell me to stop posting in the thread to which i responded that he is free to use the ignore function if he dont like what i have to say and that is deleted by the mod and i get an infraction for trolling. The sad part is that persons post is to the letter the fucking definition of trolling.

The quality of the gaming forum is shit because of this rampant fanboy nonsense and its being encouraged by the mods because all they do is ignore it then decide to cherry pick the posts like mine to delete as "trolling".

If you have a problem with the forum moderators, take it up with the admins, calling them out publicly most likely wont get you the outcome you desire .

However, you cant make a determination about the extent of the moderation with out access to all the disciplinary action, which you do not have .

not every moderated post is deleted .

I just looked it over (I'm not the mod who was involved) and from what I can see the only posts, yours and other members, that were removed/infracted were those that were not discussing the game but discussing other members. You can be as negative as you like as long as your posts are substantive and on-topic.

We have tens of thousands of members here, and 99% of them never have any kind of "disciplinary" contact with a moderator. We have no personal vendetta against any member, I know for me most of the time I forget who I gave an infraction to about 5 minutes after it's issued. We don't know you in real life, we have nothing personal against you. Follow the rules and we'll count ourselves lucky to have you as a member of the forum...believe it or not we LIKE having as many contributing members here as we can.

Use the report post button that is on every post. This is the best way to go about having a mod look into what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back